What's new

Problem with iP4 (V) and Parrot Handsfree

stuberger

Reaction score
I just noticed a problem with my new Verizon iPhone 4 (16g) and the Parrot CK3100 handsfree kit for my vehicle (not sure if this is occurring with all Parrot kits or just the CK3100). All my other past phones never had this problem...when receiving a call I always heard the stock Parrot ring over my stereo in the car...it was always loud and the same tone. Ever since I got the iPhone...the stock ring tone over the speakers has been changed to the ringtone I am using on the iPhone (old telephone) and it is hard to hear and I find now that when the call is coming in I can't lower or raise the volume on the Parrot which I was always able to do in the past. Also if I try to raise the volume when the call is coming in on the iPhone it stops the communication with the Parrot and goes to the phone instead. After updating the most recent firmware on the Parrot I tried again but still the same. I called Parrot and they said it sounds like the iPhone is somehow taking over the Parrot's ringtone... Any input or help?

I just noticed a problem with my new Verizon iPhone 4 (16g) and the Parrot CK3100 handsfree kit for my vehicle (not sure if this is occurring with all Parrot kits or just the CK3100). All my other past phones never had this problem...when receiving a call I always heard the stock Parrot ring over my stereo in the car...it was always loud and the same tone. Ever since I got the iPhone...the stock ring tone over the speakers has been changed to the ringtone I am using on the iPhone (old telephone) and it is hard to hear and I find now that when the call is coming in I can't lower or raise the volume on the Parrot which I was always able to do in the past. Also if I try to raise the volume when the call is coming in on the iPhone it stops the communication with the Parrot and goes to the phone instead. After updating the most recent firmware on the Parrot I tried again but still the same. I called Parrot and they said it sounds like the iPhone is somehow taking over the Parrot's ringtone... Any input or help?

This is because your iPhone supports a featuer in Bluetooth Hands-Free called In-Band Ring Tone. This means that the when an incoming call is presented, the iPhone will open an audio link (via Bluetooth) to the Parrott in order to provide the audible indication of an incoming call. Thus the Parrott will not play it's own internal "ring". While this feature is very popular amoung users with simple Bluetooth headsets, it is not so popular with the users of car kits (both after market and the OEM kind). You might try setting the iPhone to SILENT and see if the Parrott will then provide ringtone.

PS- Parott also supports In-Band Ring. They SHOULD have been able to tell you that instead of just blaming the iPhoen.

Last edited:
Weird, I use my iPhone on my Parrot Kit and it works fine? All the same functionality as Blackberry

Weird, I use my iPhone on my Parrot Kit and it works fine? All the same functionality as Blackberry

Hmmm.. Same model Parrot? You get the Parrots ring tone, not the iPhone? Blackberry does not support the In-band feature

Last edited:
Check for updated on parrot forums I have 9200 no problems at all

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net