What's new

Problem with AppStore

Melvyn

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having problem with downloading or update from AppStore thru my iPhone 3GS. Whenever I hit the install or upgrade button, the Page will freeze. It will take over 30 mins before it exit AppStore by itself. And the new apps or update apps will appear in grey icon and prompt 'waiting'. It will take few hours before my password was asked. During this period, AppStore will failed to launch as well. But it may not guaranty successful download or update of the apps as well. I had tried restore but problem still prevail. Could the AppStore app be corrupted? Or it is just busy at the server? Anyone facing the same issue? How to solve it? Thanks :)

I have seen this problem and its usually due to the internet connection on the device

I once had the same issue. Solution for me was to just wait until the next day and it worked again. I think it was because of my Internet connection. Or you could try and reboot your iPhone if you haven't.

Just to agree with others, this kind of problem happens with a spotty, slow, or intermittent Internet connection. But even with a good connection, the App Store has been known for minor quirks. Mine recently keeps telling me in a dialog box that I "cannot purchase this app" and when I hit OK, it goes on and resumes the purchase or continues with updates (yes, it tells me this when I try to update apps also).

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. I'll check on my connection in future. Thanks all :)