What's new

AppStore Problem

Oscar_D_Grouch

Reaction score
An anyone tell me why today, when I open the AppStore and tap updates, and then purchased, it says I have no purchased apps available for download? I know good and well I do. I am signed in and can download new apps just fine. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

It looks like an error on Apple's end. I am getting the same message on my iPhone 4S under iOS 5.1.1. And I am not jailbroken.

And I used this feature last night after doing a restore. So it was working about 16 hours ago.

I have completed the Itunes registration process, and have been accepted. So I login to the Apps Store and select an APP I need or like. and click " Download". The download process starts, and when finished says " Downloaded". Up to this point, everything is OK. But then I cannot find it anywhere on the Laptop or phone after this. During the download process, I have the Iphone ( Iphone5, brand new, and updated) conected to the Laptop. So where do my downloaded Apps go to?????
Thanks for your help,
Jim.

I have completed the Itunes registration process, and have been accepted. So I login to the Apps Store and select an APP I need or like. and click " Download". The download process starts, and when finished says " Downloaded". Up to this point, everything is OK. But then I cannot find it anywhere on the Laptop or phone after this. During the download process, I have the Iphone ( Iphone5, brand new, and updated) conected to the Laptop. So where do my downloaded Apps go to?????
Thanks for your help,
Jim.
are the apps you're downloading iphone apps and am i right in thinking you download the iphone apps on your laptop?

Hi again Poisonivy,
Yes, I think that they are genuine Apple ( or Apple approved....did not realis that you could even get non-apple Apps on the Iphone, unlike Samsung which is wide open, Aps-wise) Apps down loaded from the Apps store, and using my Iphone/Itunes/Apple login...
Thanks, Jim

Hi again Poisonivy,<br>Yes, I think that they are genuine Apple ( or Apple approved....did not realis that you could even get non-apple Apps on the Iphone, unlike Samsung which is wide open, Aps-wise) Apps down loaded from the Apps store, and using my Iphone/Itunes/Apple login...<br>Thanks, Jim

Sorry Poisonivy, Me again, and yes, I was downloading via my laptop, with the Iphone connected.
Jim

Hi again Poisonivy,<br>Yes, I think that they are genuine Apple ( or Apple approved....did not realis that you could even get non-apple Apps on the Iphone, unlike Samsung which is wide open, Aps-wise) Apps down loaded from the Apps store, and using my Iphone/Itunes/Apple login...<br>Thanks, Jim
well that wasn't what i meant but are you downloading the iphone apps on your laptop? ah just seen your reply,ok what you need to do is download the apps directly from your iPhone not your laptop,you will have no problems then.

Thanks Poisonivy, I will try that, and let you know how I get on, :) Any comment on my other items? Icons wobbling when I tried to use the camera, and when I tap Safari, I get Google.....???
All the Best,
Jim

Thanks Poisonivy, I will try that, and let you know how I get on, :) Any comment on my other items? Icons wobbling when I tried to use the camera, and when I tap Safari, I get Google.....???
All the Best,
Jim
the wobbling icons just sounds like you probably held on to the Camera icon too long,the icons wobble so you can delete them,when you clicked the home button they stopped wobbling right?

Last edited:
oh yes,getting Google is fine when you click Safari. :)

Last edited:
Yes, that would explain it.....In my part of the world,( and in local Carphonewarehouse, where I bought the phone) Iphone cases are in very limited suppl..... lots of cases, but really not for the 5, despite what it says on the box. I was told that " they are on the way", but @ &#8364;30 a shot, I was not very impressed. Has anyone else had this experience? 1st one I tried ( and yes, says Iphone 5 2012) was a leather flip-over type, and very impressive, as it should be for the 5. BUT when the cover is flipped... the phone falls out. Obviously meant for a phone with a bigger waist-line..... Luckily, when it happened to me,it only fell on a soft surface......but had it fell on a tiled floor......instant divorce.
2nd cover is much neater, opens like the front door, and is made of plastic ( cheapo ) So to have proper use of the phone, you have to "open" the door a full 360* which then blocks off the camera......and of course, repeated "opening" of this door, will inevitably break the hinges...... When I pointed out these shortcomings to the staff.....they were in agreement ( could not be otherwise) but were not able to offer any solutions except to offer a sticky screen protector. So all in all, was not a really good beginning, but this does not detract from the operation of the phone itself, and I am sure that in time it will all have been worth it, if the comments in this forum are anything to go by,
Thanks and All the Best,
Jim.