What's new

prioritizing Bluetooth for iPhone 4 incoming calls

Regent

Reaction score
When I'm driving in my car my iPhone 4 does not automatically select the Bluetooth speakerphone even though it's synched and on when receiving incoming calls. It does select it when I am originating outgoing calls. How can I get it to auto-select the Bluetooth connection for all incoming calls?

Welcome,

It should do both. It may be that your blutooth device can't...

Let me know when you find the answer; I having the same issue.

I can't connect two iPhones 4 thru bluethoot,never could I give up trying and still don't know why ...

I can't connect two iPhones 4 thru bluethoot,never could I give up trying and still don't know why ...

You better not to try. iPhone Bluetooth connect only to devices like headphone, Bluetooth keyboards etc... Unless you get some 3rd party Bluetooth apps from the apps store or from cydia if you jailbreak.

I found the answer to this question; in order for the IPhone to get directly to the bluetooth you have to answer the phone with the Bluetooth device and it will stay on the Bluetooth. Seems like apple does it differently so if you have multuple devices sync to your phone your priotioze by selecting that device

I have noticed this as well. If i go to use my phone it comes on right away but when a call comes in after no use for awhile my bluetooth is active unless i do it durring a call......Not sure what to do about that.

Hi - just switched from Nokia to this Iphone 4, came with the carrier plan for free so I thought what the *edited* So far I think it's a piece of *edited for profanity*

The email recovery is good but the phone is very hard to use - the rest of the stuff ( apps ) are of little to no use to me.

Most issues are with the bluetooth connectivity..

1/. My car ( 2011 Subaru Forester S Edition ) will allow me to make calls using bluetooth but it will not receive calls by bluetooth ?

2/. I have an IBM ( Lenovo) T61 notebook - bluetooth worked fine with my Nokia, but wont connect ( can not see ) the Iphone4. I have downloaded the current
drivers - or least I think I have..

3/. I am still wrestling with the Itunes upload. It does not like my photo or video folders.

Any help or suggestions greatly accepted..

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regent said:
When I'm driving in my car my iPhone 4 does not automatically select the Bluetooth speakerphone even though it's synched and on when receiving incoming calls. It does select it when I am originating outgoing calls. How can I get it to auto-select the Bluetooth connection for all incoming calls?

Depends a lot on the hands free,without placing a call simply press the answer button once to establish connection.

Can be a pain when some makes hook in to quickly, car on the drive you on the couch all if a sudden your caller is chatting to you neighbours lol!

I have a vw golf, 2011 reg and my iPhone 3GS works with it by Bluetooth, will the iPhone 4 work too?