What's new

Possible Unlock workaround for iPhone 4 with 02.10.04

ruskiyab

Reaction score
I was messing around with my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 and 02.10.04. I installed ultrasn0w from cydia, hit respring, when it was done I immediately went into setting, turned airplane mode on, then off. After a few seconds, a new item appeared in my settings called Carriers. I opened it up, waited for the network to be discovered and was presented with three options, AT&T 3G and AT&T, I was able to select one and actually have it register but I don't have access to a different provider's sim card that I can cut up to put into my phone to test. Also, the Carriers option disappears again if you back out of it or make a change but it does stay on the previous selection until you reboot.

If anyone cares, please try it out and reply back. It's a bit of a hassle but if it works it's better than no unlock, right?

4.2 firmware is coming in november and with that an unlock for 4.1 and probably 4.2, so for you ppl that wanted to save money and got it locked to att wont have to worry for much longer, i hope apple release 4.2 on monday probably wont but oh well