What's new

Please help me

kelceyyyyo

Reaction score
When I text other people with iPhone's even if they have my number saved it comes up with my email address, it does it to everyone so it's obviously my settings that need to be changed but I can't figure out how to do it. Please help me :)

Go to Settings>Messages>Receive at.... enter your cell# and use it instead of your Apple ID.

Thankyou I'm sorry to sound thick but how do I change it? When I click on apple ID it just says 'change location' 'view account' 'sign out' I can't figure out how to out my number in there

When you tap on "receive at" in the message setting, do you see your phone number gray out below your Apple ID field?

Yeah and my email address is in blue writing.

If yes, how do you know that other are receiving your iMessages via your Apple ID email address instead of your phone number?
If they remove your email address from their iPhone and have only your phone number saved in their iPhone, they don't receive your iMessages?

Because they told me. No it's something to do with my settings, even if I text someone who doesn't have my number stored it doesn't come up with my number it'll come up with my email address

Because they told me. No it's something to do with my settings, even if I text someone who doesn't have my number stored it doesn't come up with my number it'll come up with my email address

That makes sense. If you text someone who doesn't have your phone number stored in his/her iPhone but have your email address save, then he or she will receive your iMessages via your email address. Those of your contacts who saved your phone number into their contact app will be able to receive your iMessages via your phone number. Ask your contacts to make sure to save your phone number into their contacts apps and voila.
Actually it really doesn't matter how they receive your iMessage: say one of your contact have your phone number and your email saved into his iPhone, he is in a area without signal coverage but have a wifi range and the iPhone is connected to the wifi, if you send an iMessage to him by that time when his phone is out of signal range, your iMessage will be forward to him via your email address and that's why in the message setting you have "receive at ------ 2 addresses" you contact also have the same setting allowing him to receive iMessages using either the email address if the phone signal is out of range or off.
One can turn off phone signal by turning on airplane mode and still be able to iMessage which will result the iMessages to be exchange using email address.
There is no need to worry about that as far as you can send and receive iMessages.