What's new

Please help iphone 3gs

greeky

Reaction score
hi all have been trying to fix my sisters iphone 3gs. It was badly damaged so bought replacement parts to get it to work. The problem is it is stuck on the apple logo for a long time then it asks to connect to itunes.

I need to gain access so i can backup the photos and videos only. It is NOT jailbroken iso 4.3.5 ( great )

i have used so many programs to access the photos. I have used probably all the jailbroken softwares from redsnow and greenpoison. If i try to jailbreak it the phone gets as far as white writing on the screen scrolls for a bit and reboots. I know the jailbreak has not worked as it has not fully installed.

I can get the phone into dfu mode no prob. I have tried tinyumbrella as well also fixrecovery.exe also tried irecovery.exe

is there a way i can get the photos from dfu mode without restore as it will erase the data ?

Also the battery on the iphone is dead and needs to be connected to the laptop to get power. Is this a problem or causing it to boot? I had it connected to the mains for 6 hrs and does not charge and still stuck on itunes and apple logo

any help please

I believe they only thing you can do from here is a fresh restore. If you had the cloud you would be able to recover your photos and other things but since its a 3g iphone you are stuck with the only option of a fresh start.

I do not know if it is true but there are software that can retrieve deleted texts, pictures , videos from an iphone. Is this possible after a restore?