What's new

3GS 4.3.3 bricked Help Please!

philis195

Reaction score
Hello,

Today i attempted to jailbreak and unlock my iphone. All was going well until ultrasnow wouldnt install. So i thought i would start over, so i clicked restore in itunes and this bricked my iphone 3GS.

Background info: i used the latest redsnow to change the band to the ipad version and i installed cydia which all worked fine. As mentioned above ultrasnow would not install from cydia so i tried to restore to start again but it has bricked my iphone.

i have tried to put it into dfu mode and use the pwnage tool but it doesnt go into dfu. The iphone constantly loads the itunes logo.

Just to add, By bricked i mean its going through the usb loop where the itunes and usb cable is always booting and itunes shows the 1015 error.

Help please !!

Edit FIXED!!:

After Extensive reading and trying various methods i thought i might as well share how i fixed it for those who get to be in my position. Now im not entirely sure if this part is necessary but i will ad it just in case. i downloaded tinyumbrella and first used the fix recovery 4.3. after this i ran the main tinyumbrella and used exit recovery mode and then fix recovery mode.

However i am still having problems with ultrasnow unlocking my phone if any one has any ideas to fix this it would help allot.

phil

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted.

What problems are you having with ultrasnow? It should be a simple case of installing it from cydia...

OP says iPad baseband but I'm just wondering if it actually put that baseband on due to the problems he was having...

OP says iPad baseband but I'm just wondering if it actually put that baseband on due to the problems he was having...

Thanks for the reply. the baseband i have put on is 6.15.0.0 from what i've read that is compatible with ultrasnow unless i've read wrong. The main problem i have been having is once i've installed ultrasnow on my 3gs i get no signal yet it shows the carrier currently orange. I've tried using SAM and now once i restored to the original firmware it shows the carrier as being orange but i stil get no signal. Any ideas?

Just a quick note it was originally on tmobile. However, once i used SAM i changed the carrier to orange. I did this once i had no signal with ultrasnow so i restored to 4.3.3. It has now changed the carrier to orange but i stil get no signal.

Just a quick question as well if any one can answer. Does the iphone have to have the original carrier (Tmobile) sim card in when jailbreaking.

Last edited:
Yes thats the iPad baseband and its compatible with ultrasnow. What's SAM?

You need to have an original sim to activate your phone first before you can use another network. T-mobile users also have to switch off their 3G at some point when installing ultrasnow (am not sure exactly what is involved)...

Yes thats the iPad baseband and its compatible with ultrasnow. What's SAM?

You need to have an original sim to activate your phone first before you can use another network. T-mobile users also have to switch off their 3G at some point when installing ultrasnow (am not sure exactly what is involved)...

When you say original sim do you mean original to the carrier such as tmobile or do you mean the sim what the phone was originally activated with?.

Because now i have put a tmobile sim card in i get 3 bars of signal when jailbreaked. However the phone doesn't allow me to send and receive calls or text message.

i feel like im taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back at this moment in time.

Thanks for replying though.

Ok so now im going down the route of thinking this phone is stolen. I have used the met police website. The phone says that the imei number has been blocked by one or more network.

Any t-mobile sim will do. You need to turn 3G on/off or airplane mode on/off at some point also. Only t-mobile users need to do this...