What's new

iphone 3gs update from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3. problems ?

london29

Reaction score
Hi
Ive got an iphone 3gs 16gb that was updated to 4.3.2. and unlocked. I tried to update to 4.3.3. via itunes and i keep getting this error code 1015.
I got in contact with the person who sold me the iphone and he sent me the new iphone 3gs boot file and ireb-R4. I put my phone into DFU mode and pressed the shift key, located the new 3gs boot file and im still getting the same error code 1015.
Again i got in contact with the seller and he advised me to try tiny umbrella to fix recovery. Again i tried this and im now getting a runtime error code R6034. Please help as i paid good money for this phone.
Regards london29

To fix that error 1013 while upgrading iOS via itune fix
1. Go to C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers \etc

2. In the etc folder you can see hosts file.

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove the following lines that says Ags.apple.com

4. Save and close the file.

5. Restart your computer and perform the upgrade again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for your reply but its error code 1015. Regards london29

Is it the same process for error code 1015. Regards london29

Hi. Also what program do i use to open the hosts file. Thanks london29

Hi. Also what program do i use to open the hosts file. Thanks london29

Right clic on the host file and in the drop list, chose "open with" then select "notepad"

Hi thanks for your reply but its error code 1015. Regards london29

Ahh yes, error 1015. Check your host file if that ligne is there, if yes remove it, restart your computer and try the upgrate again.

Hi ive opened the hosts file and only 1 line has the apple logo which reads
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com. Is that the only file i need to remove. Regards london29

Hi ive opened the hosts file and only 1 line has the apple logo which reads
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com. Is that the only file i need to remove. Regards london29

!!!!!!!!!!Don't remove the file, just simply remove the line. I mean, delete everything u see on that last line.
Don't delete the hole file.

Hi i did that but now it wont allow me to save

I think you need administrator privileges to edit the hosts file.

Since you said it was unlocked do you know which baseband version it was on? If it was on the iPad baseband then that's perhaps why your getting the error. Once the 3GS has the iPad baseband on it you wont be able to upgrade or restore it without a custom firmware...

As I thought. That's the iPad baseband. Your only chance of upgrading or restoring is by using a custom firmware made by snowbreeze (windows) or pwnage tool (mac). The custom ipsw will need to have the iPad baseband injected into it...

Can you send me link where i can get file.Regards london29

Sorry no posting of custom firmwares are allowed on the forums.

However, it is much safer to make your own. You can do this by using snowbreeze for windows or pwnage tool for mac...