What's new

PKGBackup and box.net?

RavenTBK

Reaction score
Anybody have any issues with PKGBackup and box.net?

Bought and paid freaking $10 for the app... did a full backup of almost 2GB of stuff and waited paitently for it all to upload to my box.net account. Next I did a restore/upgrade to 5.1.1. Then I did a fresh wipe, setup as new phone, jailbreak.

I go and reinstall pkgbackup, following the directions on their website, I go into settings, try and select "connect to box.net", and the app suddenly crashes. No error, no nothing. I can select any other option, such as Dropbox, SugarSync, anything, and they all pop up with the "link" page as expected. Just box.net crashes.

Have done one restore+jailbreak (getting ready to be two when I get done typing this) trying to make this work. Anybody else experienced anything like this? Any ideas how to repair?

edit: Running a 4S, 5.1.1, Absinthe 204.

Last edited:
After you jailbreak do a hard reboot by holding the power and home buttons down at sametime and release them once you see the apple logo, let it bootup and see of that corrects the issue.

On the fourth restore+jailbreak since my initial post. This last time, I got ticked and did a two-finger reboot after each step: restore+reboot, jailbreak+reboot, first start cydia-build filesystem+reboot, install pkgbackup+reboot.

Same results. All other "services" pop up with an account link page as expected. Box.net fails.

On the fourth restore+jailbreak since my initial post. This last time, I got ticked and did a two-finger reboot after each step: restore+reboot, jailbreak+reboot, first start cydia-build filesystem+reboot, install pkgbackup+reboot.

Same results. All other "services" pop up with an account link page as expected. Box.net fails.

Then i would have to say box.net is either down right now

Or

5.1.1 does not support it.

Try and email the pkgbackup maker and see if they can shed any light on the issue.

I know they use similar processes, but this time around I restored and used redsn0w to jailbreak. Now clicking the "gear" results in a crash. No settings pane at all.
Moderation Notice: This thread/post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules Please watch your expressions

I have already emailed the developer and attached crash and syslogs.

Box.net is up and fine from the browser.

There are many reviews of pkgbackup being perfectly fine with 5.1.1, so that's not the issue either.

Next step I guess is to use redsn0w to downgrade back to 5.0.1 and see if I can at least restore my last known good configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you just download the backup from box.net on your computer and then transfer the backup files to /var/mobile/Media/PKGBackup and then restore the backup locally instead of doing it over wi-fi

Why don't you just download the backup from box.net on your computer and then transfer the backup files to /var/mobile/Media/PKGBackup and then restore the backup locally instead of doing it over wi-fi

Thought about that one already. Thats when I learned you cannot download more than one file at a time from box.net with a free account. Considering there are 1063 individual files in my pkgbackup folder... yeah... no. lol

Working on getting the ipsw's down to downgrade. This has been a freaking mess.