What's new

Restore to Factory Question

SSkoot9

Reaction score
I have tried to JB with Absinthe and the program keeps crashing in the beginning to JB stage. I am going to try and restore my iphone 4 through itunes back to facotry settings, but it is telling me that it will upgrade to new ios.
I am currently running 5.1.1 and it will update to 6.01. Is there anyway around this so I can keep 5.1.1 or will it be OK to JB untethered on 6.01?

Any other suggestions on this is appreciated.

Thanks.
SSkoot9

In order to Restore to 5.1.1 you'll need SHSH's saved for that iOS version. Meaning.... 1) you manually saved SHSH's via TinyUmbreall while 5.1.1 was being signed, or 2) you were Jailbroken while 5.1.1 was being signed and opened Cydia at least once during that time. Otherwise, your only option is a restore/update to 6.0.1.

So I'm guessing you were trying to jailbreak but it didn't work? Or did you jailbreak and it got all screwy and you're trying to restore and do a fresh jailbreak? But what Justin said above. I assume you didn't do option 1, but for option 2, you can use TinyUmbrella, plug your iPhone in and click "Save SHSH" or "Save All SHSH". If you see the line that says "iPhone 4(GSM or CDMA) 5.1.1" or "iPhone3,1_5.1.1" or "iPhone3,2_5.1.1", then you can restore back to 5.1.1. Otherwise, you're out of luck :/

I am trying to JB and its not working. I have tried both redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and absinthe 2.0.4. Both of which did not work. I am very new to this, have read numerous articles on this site, but cant seem to figure what I am doing wrong. It all seems straight forward. With redsn0w it just says waiting for reboot and absinthe just crashes everytime I try. I am excited to JB, but thinking of giving up as I am going in circles. I have iPhone 4 ios 5.1.1. If I factory restore it will upgrade me to ios 6.01 which is fine as long as there is an untethered JB. Is there yet? Also, if I factory upgrade to ios 6.01, can I just "restore" the phone with everything I currently have on it? Pics, Music, contacts, etc from itunes? I have backed up my phone this way. Any advise is much appreciated.
Thanks
SSkoot9

Find out whether or not you have the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 first. Use TinyUmbrella, connect your iPhone 4, and click Save SHSH or Save All SHSH. In the center box, if you find your iPhone 4's 5.1.1 blobs, you'll be able to restore