What's new

Issue with Jailbreak - using absinthe

Elborrador

Reaction score
So I have been preapring for jailbreaking my phone for the past week or so (before i even recieved it), I thought I had everything figured out.

I am trying to jailbreak my Iphone 4 with 5.1.1 using absinthe

I backed up my phone
restored to default (I went through the set up process again)
ran absinthe as described
Cydia loaded properly

When I opened cydia it was doing some thinking (I believe this is the normal process based on what i've read) and then it went to my lock screen.

I opened my phone up to find my main factory icons (phone, internet, messaging, camera, etc.) are now missing, As is Cydia.

So far here is what I've done to try and remedy the issue:

I have tried restoring my back up, and this does give me all my pre JB downloaded apps back, HOWEVER, it does not give me the factory ones back.
I have made an incoming call to my phone to see if I could still recieve call, and I can recieve calls.
I have tried resetting the home screen layout (settings>general>reset>reset hom screen layout)
I have tried reinstalling the JB, which was unsuccessful as the current one was still being detected. When I did this, I noticed that absinthe was saying "iphone 3,3 detected running 5.1.1...." I am wondering if this is where everything went wrong. My phone is an Iphone 4, and not a 3.
I have been searching theses forums and google which is where I got some of these ideas from...

Nothing has worked to fix it so far.

What I am doing right now is I am resetting the phone through Itunes. I am going to see if that will solve the issue. I won't be resintalling any of my backups, as I only had a handful of apps downloaded anyways.

I am not sure I will be trying to re-jailbreak my phone now. I still want some of the functionality that it provides, but this has got me nervous...

Are there any suggestions, tips, etc. that you all can provide for IF i do decide to JB again.

And......GOT IT. I restored the phone successfully, reran absinthe (I re-downloaded it to be safe) and it worked like a charm. Now to figure out which tweaks to dl.

Also in case any wayward googlers, or future forum members, try to find this out, when absinthe says iPhone 3,3 that is the iPhone 4 CDMA.

Sorry to clog the forums with a topic, but hopefully this will help future jbers!

Wow thats weird. I Jailbroke my iPhone 4 With absinthe 5.1.1, and nothing like that happened. I still have all of my factory apps and stuff. You voided your warranty so you can't really send it back to Apple. You've restored it before and your factory apps are still missing, that's what I don't get. Restoring takes away the Jailbreak, and takes it back to factory settings, but factory settings has your factory apps. Wow I've never heard of that before. Good luck!

I actually got it. A full restore from iTunes solved the problem and ire-downloaded absinthe and rejailbroke the phone, and viola! Worked like a charm :)