What's new

phone stuck please help

jonnakos

Reaction score
hello guys, please help!!i was using cydia, deleting a source :siriport, i have installed earlier today. My phone stucked , i tried to reboot and untill now i only see the iphone logo on the screen and the phone does nothing. please help somebody! i have an iphone 4 ios 5.1.1

jonnakos said:
hello guys, please help!!i was using cydia, deleting a source :siriport, i have installed earlier today. My phone stucked , i tried to reboot and untill now i only see the iphone logo on the screen and the phone does nothing. please help somebody! i have an iphone 4 ios 5.1.1

This is because you tried to uninstall a Siri port.

This can cause the phone to boot loop.

Your best shot is to DFU restore in iTunes.

Download the 5.1.1 iPSW here:http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=firmware

Save it to your desktop.

Enter DFU mode. You can always enter DFU mode..no matter what..just act as if the phone is off.

Once in DFU mode, open iTunes and hold down the shift key on keyboard *while* you click the Restore button.

Click on Desktop, then locate the 5.1.1 iPSW and double click..let iTunes do the rest.

It is best that you DO NOT restore from a backup.

This will ensure that no corrupted data will be restored back to your phone...setup as new device. Not from iTunes backup...not from iCloud backup.

Then jailbreak with the latest redsn0w: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

If you use the DFU jailbreak you can sync apps, music tones before jailbreaking.

If you use the backuo/restore method, you should perform the jailbreak almost directly after restore.

Meaning, restore, setup as new, follow initial on screen setup....just til you get to the SpringBoard(home screen). Once you can see the SpringBoard, don't touch anything.

Go to iTunes, choose to setup as new, then type in your devices name. *Uncheck* "automatically sync apps". Then click done. Once iTunes finishes downloading safari safe browsing data, THEN you can jailbreak via the backup restore method.

After the jailbreak, you can then sync, apps, music, tones, etc.

Make sure you wait for the device to reboot THEN RESPRING after the reboot before touching it. The respring comes a little late, so just wait.

First of all thank you my friend for replying. I did as you told me and everything is back to normal now. The only problem is that my phone isn't jailbroken anymore. But everything are ok now. Thanks again dude.

Sorry for annoying you, it's just that, now i saw that half of my photo aren't there ,i have almost 600 photos and when i enter my album it shows :restoring 360 out of 600 photos. Do you or anybody knows what happened and how i can get my photos back restored or what ever????

jonnakos said:
Sorry for annoying you, it's just that, now i saw that half of my photo aren't there ,i have almost 600 photos and when i enter my album it shows :restoring 360 out of 600 photos. Do you or anybody knows what happened and how i can get my photos back restored or what ever????

All it's doing is downloading photos from iCloud.

As long as you leave the device plugged in, and connected to wifi..all 600 photos will download to your phone.

Thank you man, but just one more little problem..i haven't used icloud untill now, i always used to back up by syncing. Do i have to do something to itunes in my computer?turn on icloud or something?

jonnakos said:
Thank you man, but just one more little problem..i haven't used icloud untill now, i always used to back up by syncing. Do i have to do something to itunes in my computer?turn on icloud or something?

Doesn't matter. And you don't have to do anything.

iCloud is just on...that's it...you don't have to do anything because it's *always* on by default.

It doesn't do anything man..sorry but can i do something else, or it just takes time loading so just wait??

jonnakos said:
It doesn't do anything man..sorry but can i do something else, or it just takes time loading so just wait??

Just takes time loading...so just wait. 600 pictures are not just going to download in a minute or 2.

And the only way they will download at all is if the device is plugged in and connected to wifi.

thank you man! I will do that and hopefully it will restore all of my photos..thanks once more!

hey zig,
one more little thing..it doesn't download anything..i had it over an hour connected and wi-fi on,but it didn't do anything more..still 312 out of 600!i don't see it restoring my photos, but can i at least stop it from trying??Because every time i enter the photo album i see : restore 312 out of 600 photos. can i prevent it from trying?

jonnakos said:
hey zig,
one more little thing..it doesn't download anything..i had it over an hour connected and wi-fi on,but it didn't do anything more..still 312 out of 600!i don't see it restoring my photos, but can i at least stop it from trying??Because every time i enter the photo album i see : restore 312 out of 600 photos. can i prevent it from trying?

I don't think you can stop it from trying...not that I know for sure tho.

Go to Settings> iCloud> and tell me what it says in the very bottom of the page?

At the very end of the page it says:
storage and backup>
Icloud backup is off.

jonnakos said:
At the very end of the page it says:
storage and backup>
Icloud backup is off.

Did you turn it off?