What's new

Jailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 stuck on Apple Logo please help!!!

Humble Soul

Reaction score
Basically what happened is I was in the middle of deleting and upgrading some packages via Cydia, after upgrading i was prompted to reboot my phone, which i did. Now it's stuck on the Apple logo and it won't turn on. I've tried holding down the home and power buttons, but again it's still stuck. Did this about 4 times with the same result. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

Might be a problem with the springboard plist. See if you can put it into DFU or recovery so we can get a sense of what we can do and what we can't. As a last resort rip open a 5.1.1 IPSW and see If you can replace the com.springboard.app on your phone already though SSH or iExplorer

I plugged it into my computer and it turned on! Everything seems to be working fine (knock on wood). Thanks!

If the problem persists, that might be a kernel problem. I've had a case where one of the members had a problem similar to yours and every time we attempted to jailbreak it and Redsn0w is patching the kernel, it fixes itself but goes back into limbo after being unplugged