What's new

Phone didn't ring & went to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yptcn

Reaction score
This happened twice lately (iPhone 5,iOS 7.0.2 ),the calls when directly to voicemail and do not show up as missed calls .
Do not disturb was not on .
Has this happened to anyone else ?

That hasn't happened to me. But I have had texts that will come in and not notify me. No sound alert and my screen never lit up either. Do not disturb not on. The only way I knew there was a text was because I happened to use my phone and then I saw it there. This has happened multiple times randomly since 7.0.2 for me

I've had this happen multiple times, but not recently. No indication that I've had a phone call but found a voicemail waiting. And just as you describe, the call doesn't even show up as a missed call. Except for the voicemail it didn't happen, as far as the phone knows. Just as a additional note, the phone was in a city environment where the Verizon service is excellent.

It's good to know that I'm not alone having that issue.
I'm in Paris,France with Orange and a cell tower very close.
It never happened before iOS 7 , so it really seems to be a glitch with iOS and not with our providers.
Let's hope the next update fixes this.
Thank you for answers !

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

If do not disturb has been switched on in error only calls from your contacts in favorites will be received. If you have no favorites all calls will go to message bank. The also applies to messages. I use do not disturb at night by setting a time slot 10pm to 6am.

DND was not on. I also use it at night but not with Favorites. I have a group named I.C.E ( In Case of Emergency ).

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

That used to happen to me all the time awhile ago. I found out it was Spotify causing the issue. When I removed that app I never had the problem again. Not usre if that's the case anyomre or for you...

Yea I wasn't sure if that was your issue or not, but figured it may be worth a try just in case.

No, I didn't do anything. In fact I had forgotten it until this thread came up. It hasn't happened to me in several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.