Reaction score
Hi All,
I have an iPhone 6+. 16GB
My usage at present is:
Photos: about 1GB - OK
Apps: 2.7GB - OK
Documents and Data: <1GB - OK
Other: >5GB - ??
So now I have only a bit more than 2GB left to use!
My question is, what is the 'other' and how do I get rid of it?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, IvanJB!

"Other" consists of browser cache, email attachments, voice memos, download data, ...

To get rid of the major part of it, restore your device using iTunes. Before doing so, make sure there's a most recent backup (iCloud or iTunes). Then connect your iPhone to iTunes and restore it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that, J.A., but when I tried to restore a backup from yesterday, it told me that there wasn't enough spce to restore! Do I have to completely restore the phone and then restore the backup?

Exactly, that's what you'll have to do.
If restoring from a backup after restoring doesn't work, it's better to set it up as new, without backup.

Let's figure what's taking up your memory. Press the Settings icon then..

General -> Usage -> Manage Storage

This will show you what apps are taking up memory space. Maybe you'll see something in your apps that is inflated with data and eating up your limited memory in your iPhone.

Let's figure what's taking up your memory. Press the Settings icon then..

General -> Usage -> Manage Storage

This will show you what apps are taking up memory space. Maybe you'll see something in your apps that is inflated with data and eating up your limited memory in your iPhone.

Typically, i do this and since it sorts by largest i click thru the apps and delete/reinstall those using alot of mb under "documents & data" this is nonpermanent space used by the app

I would store my photos on the cloud maybe keep a few favorites. I sincerely hope iOS starts at 32mb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk