What's new

upgraded to ios 7 and have a wi fi usage issue please help

You may need to go into Itunes on your computer and set it to back up on the computer rather than thru Icloud syncing. Also set it the way you want by going into the iphones SEttings>General>Itunes WI-FI sync.

ok, i found out whats going on .i turned off wifi and continued to charge ,when i went to open the phone there was a message .
"this phone has not been backed up ,backups occur when the phone is plugged in and the screen locked"

so it was using wifi during charging to backup the phone .i guess i kept interrupting it .i will do a backup thru my pc on itunes and this problem should go away .

thanks for everyones help .

You may need to go into Itunes on your computer and set it to back up on the computer rather than thru Icloud syncing. Also set it the way you want by going into the iphones SEttings>General>Itunes WI-FI sync.

how do you do that on the itunes?

so i backed up thru my pc but when i plugged the phone in once again i seen my wifi going crazy .thought i had it licked .i even downloaded a fix called "backoff" but apparently it didnt work like i wanted .i gotta look into turning it off on itunes .

Go into the preferences of iTunes with your phone hooked up. In the summary page of your phone scroll all the way to the bottom. There is an option to turn off wifi sync.

Also go to devices and then check the option to NOT automatically sync your devices.

I hope all this helps. Let us know!

And to add to this.. You can still sync over wifi but U will now have to "manually" do it rather than an automatic one when hooked up to charge

Go into the preferences of iTunes with your phone hooked up. In the summary page of your phone scroll all the way to the bottom. There is an option to turn off wifi sync.

Also go to devices and then check the option to NOT automatically sync your devices.

just checked and i have done this already .just plugged into the pc we will see what happens,will report back .

Often times it's recommended that you leave the device as is or even in Airplane Mode while charging so not to disrupt the charging cycle. If you're using the device while charging, it discharges and recharges, which can essentially "kill" some of your use time until you calibrate it cleanly again
But don't you think that keeping it in Airplane mode blocks any incoming and outgoing calls? BTW, FYI, you know me as Abababababab on iPadforums.net. :)

But don't you think that keeping it in Airplane mode blocks any incoming and outgoing calls? BTW, FYI, you know me as Abababababab on iPadforums.net. :)

Oh hey there :p

It does. For me personally, if I leave either wifi/data or 2G on, eventually I'll turn them all on for messaging while it's charging which discharges the device a whole of a lot and on occasion throws my battery life out of wack a little bit. It's usually user behavior/preference. But data connections and usage in General would cause the device to discharge which isn't the best for the device

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Oh hey there :p

It does. For me personally, if I leave either wifi/data or 2G on, eventually I'll turn them all on for messaging while it's charging which discharges the device a whole of a lot and on occasion throws my battery life out of wack a little bit. It's usually user behavior/preference. But data connections and usage in General would cause the device to discharge which isn't the best for the device

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
That's true. While operating, the charging from 75 % doesn't get done in 45 minutes, though when the phone is locked, it gets done in 30 minutes, not mentioning about Airplane mode. What I have noticed is that the last 1% does not want to change, though it does not matter that much. It remains like that and changes after a comparatively long period of time. lol.

Last edited:

in the end this is what worked for my issue .i have not had the issue since .thanks...