What's new

Personal Hotspot Problem

jen2440

Reaction score
I have the hotspot option thru AT&T on my 5, and never had a problem until yesterday. I connected to my laptop via USB and it recognized the phone, established an internet connection, and then dropped it. However, when I went back to my phone settings the Personal Hotspot option was missing. It simply wasn't in the list of options. I powered off and on - nothing. I checked my AT&T account settings and the option is still active.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

jen2440 said:
I have the hotspot option thru AT&T on my 5, and never had a problem until yesterday. I connected to my laptop via USB and it recognized the phone, established an internet connection, and then dropped it. However, when I went back to my phone settings the Personal Hotspot option was missing. It simply wasn't in the list of options. I powered off and on - nothing. I checked my AT&T account settings and the option is still active.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Try going to Settings>General> Reset>Reset All Settings.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Try going to Settings>General> Reset>Reset All Settings.

Thanks for the suggestion, but a "reset" didn't help. I did however, find a solution. I found another Personal Hotspot on/off toggle burried in settings > general > celluar >. Flipping the switch there somehow puts in back on the main settings screen, right below Bluetooth.

I still don't know why/how it got taken off the main settings screen, but at least this solved the problem.

jen2440 said:
Thanks for the suggestion, but a "reset" didn't help. I did however, find a solution. I found another Personal Hotspot on/off toggle burried in settings > general > celluar >. Flipping the switch there somehow puts in back on the main settings screen, right below Bluetooth.

I still don't know why/how it got taken off the main settings screen, but at least this solved the problem.

I'm glad you solved your problem, and thanks for telling us your solution, it may help someone else in the future.