What's new

Personal hotspot help

chantelle310

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just a quick few questions on the subject of personal hotspot tethering. I have an iphone 4 and was playing around in the settings. Checked tebpersinal hotspot option out and i turned it ON. Went bak to the menu and it has Disappeared. Is this normally what it does? As i want to turn it back OFF but now have no option to. I dont really need to use it was just curious to check it out. How do i turn it back off? And will i be getting charged for it being on right now by my network provider?

Im in the UK and network provider is ORANGE if this helps.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey chantelle haven't seen you in a while,just saying hi.

Last edited:

enots27

Reaction score
That may have happened because I don't think orange support hotspot without paying an extra fee for tethering. Have you tried a hard reset by pressing and holding the power and home buttons together.

OP
chantelle310

chantelle310

Reaction score
That may have happened because I don't think orange support hotspot without paying an extra fee for tethering. Have you tried a hard reset by pressing and holding the power and home buttons together.

Tried a hard reset yes. The option has still disappeared from the list. Any ideas on if I will be getting charged right now even though I'm not using it? I don't actually want to use it I just want to make sure it's turned off.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Tried a hard reset yes. The option has still disappeared from the list. Any ideas on if I will be getting charged right now even though I'm not using it? I don't actually want to use it I just want to make sure it's turned off.
I know this isn't a direct answer to your question... but a sure fire way of knowing if you're being charged or not would be to give your carrier a quick call. Or if you have online billing/usage summary you could check that out.

enots27

Reaction score
If you have a wireless desk top or lap top. Try scanning for the iphone

OP
chantelle310

chantelle310

Reaction score
I know this isn't a direct answer to your question... but a sure fire way of knowing if you're being charged or not would be to give your carrier a quick call. Or if you have online billing/usage summary you could check that out.

My bill usage has no extra spend on it.. Not sure hoe up to date to the minute/hour it is online so ill check again in an hour or so. Thanks for that i didn't even think to check that

Most reactions

Latest posts