What's new

Personal hotspot help

chantelle310

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just a quick few questions on the subject of personal hotspot tethering. I have an iphone 4 and was playing around in the settings. Checked tebpersinal hotspot option out and i turned it ON. Went bak to the menu and it has Disappeared. Is this normally what it does? As i want to turn it back OFF but now have no option to. I dont really need to use it was just curious to check it out. How do i turn it back off? And will i be getting charged for it being on right now by my network provider?

Im in the UK and network provider is ORANGE if this helps.

hey chantelle haven't seen you in a while,just saying hi.

Last edited:
That may have happened because I don't think orange support hotspot without paying an extra fee for tethering. Have you tried a hard reset by pressing and holding the power and home buttons together.

That may have happened because I don't think orange support hotspot without paying an extra fee for tethering. Have you tried a hard reset by pressing and holding the power and home buttons together.

Tried a hard reset yes. The option has still disappeared from the list. Any ideas on if I will be getting charged right now even though I'm not using it? I don't actually want to use it I just want to make sure it's turned off.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

Tried a hard reset yes. The option has still disappeared from the list. Any ideas on if I will be getting charged right now even though I'm not using it? I don't actually want to use it I just want to make sure it's turned off.
I know this isn't a direct answer to your question... but a sure fire way of knowing if you're being charged or not would be to give your carrier a quick call. Or if you have online billing/usage summary you could check that out.

If you have a wireless desk top or lap top. Try scanning for the iphone

I know this isn't a direct answer to your question... but a sure fire way of knowing if you're being charged or not would be to give your carrier a quick call. Or if you have online billing/usage summary you could check that out.

My bill usage has no extra spend on it.. Not sure hoe up to date to the minute/hour it is online so ill check again in an hour or so. Thanks for that i didn't even think to check that