What's new

No personal hotspot

hendrilei

Reaction score
Hello,

My 6s+ has no personal hotspot menu (ios 10).

71e9e57d4c31d1cb9f267fb25eeec294.jpg

From googling, there're 2 solution,

1. Input manually for the personal hotspot setting, but my internet has no setting as well

40ad0489004fa6a1256fa534beaa7744.jpg

2. Reset network setting - done that and still no personal hotspot

Anyone can help me please ? (I prefer not to factory reset or using itunes to restore)

Thx

First of all:
Does your carrier provide that feature? Not every carrier allows to use Personal Hotspot.

Your second screenshot shows "Personal Hotspot" at the bottom. You might have to enter the details manually. If you don't know what to enter there, contact your carrier.

If you should be able to use your iPhone as personal hotspot, but entering the details doesn't help, try the following:
Reset all settings. That's in Settings - General - Reset. Many of your preferences in the Settings app will be set back to default, so you'll have to look at everything afterwards, to set it up again as preferred.

Rebooting your iPhone might help as well:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously, until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it's visible, let go of both. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.

First of all:
Does your carrier provide that feature? Not every carrier allows to use Personal Hotspot.

Your second screenshot shows "Personal Hotspot" at the bottom. You might have to enter the details manually. If you don't know what to enter there, contact your carrier.

If you should be able to use your iPhone as personal hotspot, but entering the details doesn't help, try the following:
Reset all settings. That's in Settings - General - Reset. Many of your preferences in the Settings app will be set back to default, so you'll have to look at everything afterwards, to set it up again as preferred.

Rebooting your iPhone might help as well:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously, until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it's visible, let go of both. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.

Yes, I'm sure my phone carrier support it, since I used this feature at my previous android phone

From googling, some suggested to input manually for the personal hotspot configuration (filled with the same with apn configuration). What confused me is, the apn configuration is not filled automatically (but i still can use mobile data)

I tried to hard reset and network reset, no luck for that

Have you contacted your carrier to report the problem? The solution could be dependant on them activating the hotspot feature from their end.

Have you contacted your carrier to report the problem? The solution could be dependant on them activating the hotspot feature from their end.

Not yet ... I never call my carrier and change any configuration starting from my ex android to my current iphone. There should be no issue on activating this feature right ? In our country, we buy our phone at store and can use any carrier mobile

I'm sure, if i called my mobile carrier, they will say it's the phone issue, not their LOL

There's normally no problem in activating the personal hotspot feature unless it's turned off or inactivated at the carrier end.

Hi there. Have to checked to see if mobile data is selected on?

Personal hotspot option should be visible once this is selected.

Cheers.

Not yet ... I never call my carrier and change any configuration starting from my ex android to my current iphone. There should be no issue on activating this feature right ? In our country, we buy our phone at store and can use any carrier mobile

I'm sure, if i called my mobile carrier, they will say it's the phone issue, not their LOL
Your carrier may need to configure things differently when you switch from Android to an iPhone. Mine did.

Hello,

My 6s+ has no personal hotspot menu (ios 10).

71e9e57d4c31d1cb9f267fb25eeec294.jpg

From googling, there're 2 solution,

1. Input manually for the personal hotspot setting, but my internet has no setting as well

40ad0489004fa6a1256fa534beaa7744.jpg

2. Reset network setting - done that and still no personal hotspot

Anyone can help me please ? (I prefer not to factory reset or using itunes to restore)

Thx

Below Bluetooh, mine shows Mobile Data instead of Cellular. Tap on it and Personal Hotspot is revealed for mine.