What's new

Permanent Unlock?

Tazz

Reaction score
Hello!
My operator is offering me to unlock my iphone4 for a price around 50 USD
And my question is, how can they permanently unlock the phone without any apple firmware-update "deleting" it? (like the Ultrasn0w unlock)
They must have a very simple way to unlock it, but I don´t understand that the hackers of Dev Team can´t go "past" these firmwares updates without the unlock getting removed.
How does this work? :/ Should I pay for unlock?
I am confused :p
Edit: How can "operators" unlock 4.0.2 ?!?! O__o

what they do is they ad your iphones imei number to a list of factory unlocked numbers so when you sync with itunes it can tell yours is supposed to be unlocked and your phone is no longer locked. they dont use any ultrasn0w rubbish ;p thats how they unlock it.

there is no way you can do it on your own

Hello!
And my question is, how can they permanently unlock the phone without any apple firmware-update "deleting" it? (like the Ultrasn0w unlock)
They must have a very simple way to unlock it, but I don´t understand that the hackers of Dev Team can´t go "past" these firmwares updates without the unlock getting removed.

Who is your "operator"? Im curious to know and why only 50 bucks. I noticed you said us dollars. Why would they do that because if it was that simple then a lot more people would just pay 50 bucks to have it unlocked and be done with it.

Hello!

Who is your "operator"? Im curious to know and why only 50 bucks. I noticed you said us dollars. Why would they do that because if it was that simple then a lot more people would just pay 50 bucks to have it unlocked and be done with it.

most operators offer that service after x amount of time of having the phone. its just some dont yet and i think you have to sign something to say you will pay the bill and not cancel it no matter what

Hello!

I´m in Sweden and have a operator called "tre" And I just converted 350 SEK to USD :) I´ve unlocked 2 phones for the price of 50 USD (350 SEK) But actually I havn´t asked for the unlock-price for iphone4. thought it would be the same price, but maybe it´s more expensive because it´s a new model :/
Got to check that up :)

They do that in englad also where you pay and unlock it but they won't do the 4 yet afaik

Oh well it figures. Only the u.s. Wpuld cheat us like that

They do this in Norway too, most of the time for free

yeap they do its easier to unlock iphones now you dont need this unlock tools any more, and the iphone is so widely available sim free wordwide

Have you tried re-starting it by holding the buttons for six seconds together? Experiment, I can't remember which ones you press! Also, hooking it up to a PC usually helps it (iPods sometimes get these little bugs like they won't turn off etc but it's quite normal)

If what people are saying in this post is true, why couldnt i contact whoever this operator is in Sweden or whatever country and give them my IMIE number and pay them 50 bucks and they can add my number to the list? If this is possible, someone please post who they dealt with and maybe there is a way to give that guy some real business. Is is this easy?

If what people are saying in this post is true, why couldnt i contact whoever this operator is in Sweden or whatever country and give them my IMIE number and pay them 50 bucks and they can add my number to the list? If this is possible, someone please post who they dealt with and maybe there is a way to give that guy some real business. Is is this easy?

you have to contact the carrier that its locked to and ask them to unlock it, some will and some wont. some ask for you to wait until the contract is over then unlock it for you.

hi i am just wondering that i ve bought an iphone 4 4.1 bb 02.10.04 and its unlock for now is the operating company that you told in swe called tre can turn my phone to sim free if i pay em 50$? i tried to solve this from their web page but i dont know swedis so its impossible for me can anyone help me about this issue pls?

My network unlocks for free after my twelve month contract is up, so ring and ask yours they may so the same.