What's new

Permanant Factory Unlock - ebay - Is this genuine

lazybrain

Reaction score
Guys,

I know lot of fake websites are around which takes away our money by promising iphone unlock software. This time i found many listings on ebay website confirming factory unlock for iphone for $189. Please click on the below URL. Can some of the experts here confirm whether this is a genuine thing or just a hoax??

eBay India: Permanent iPhone Unlock Factory Unlock Worldwide AT&T (item 160571806221 end time 11-May-2011 10:21:39 IST)

I even sent some communication to the seller and he responded back confirming that its a genuine permanent factory unlock. if this is true then i wont mind spending $189 since it will be really worth it.

Thanks for your feedback!

i would be cautious, read the users comments and feedback. a lot fo people claim to unlock but lie to get lots of cash

We have the first working solution that will keep your phone unlocked for the life of the phone. No more sim cards or software unlocks or worrying about new updates and having your phone re-lock. This will be a forever unlock and will allow any future updates!

The steps for unlocking your iPhone are simple:
1) Purchase and send IMEI of phone (just dial *#06#), Model of phone, carrier the phone is locked to and country of carrier.
2) We will process your permanent unlock code in 24 - 48 hours!
3) We send you a confirmation email stating the phone is unlocked. You will then connect your phone to iTunes & Update it to the newest version. Your phone will show as up as unlocked with a foreign sim card ... Now your phone will be UNLOCKED & FREE to use any sim in your iPhone anywhere in the world!

This service supports iPhones worldwide not just USA.

Here is a small list of carriers!
3, AT&T, Bouygues, Movistar, O2, Optimus Orange, Rogers, Telus, Tesco, T-mobile, Virgin, Vodafone & many more.

There is no code to put into your phone, everything is done remotely & there is nothing to ship, so nothing will be mailed to you.

This service supports the following (worldwide & any iOS & any baseband):
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 3G

Important Note:
Once an unlock process is underway at no point can the order be cancelled.
Any incorrect IMEI's is the buyers responsibility & will not be refunded once processed.

plus the person has 100% positive feedback.. if i relied on unlock i would want to try this, but whats to say apple or the carriers wont find these unlock codes and some how re lock it or even if it really works.. if it does then the dev team have one less job to worry about lol no one will want to use their unlock.. well those that rely on unlock of course.

Last edited:
Yes I know. The very reason I gave a second look to this stuff because the seller @eBay who posted this has 100% feedback. In fact I contacted him as well and the guy is very quick in responding to my queries. But as u said one needs to be cautious and right now I am in dilemma whether to go ahead or not
Anyways thanks so much for your feedback

Edit: $189 is quite a lot of money to give away blindly without knowing the reliability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes I know. The very reason I gave a second look to this stuff because the seller @eBay who posted this has 100% feedback. In fact I contacted him as well and the guy is very quick in responding to my queries. But as u said one needs to be cautious and right now I am in dilemma whether to go ahead or not
Anyways thanks so much for your feedback

i would wait and see if others use it and what they say about it. its not like its only $10 and that amount is nothing..

I'd be weary about it, wait for more feedbacks.

A) Look at specific feedback on unlock. There is a trick, you sell 0.01 cent ebooks (feedback) and buildup massive amount of positive feedback, before you sell some crap on ebay and make lots of cash.

B) Don't pay through paypal using your bank account. Only pay with credit card, and if you can American Express.

A) Look at specific feedback on unlock. There is a trick, you sell 0.01 cent ebooks (feedback) and buildup massive amount of positive feedback, before you sell some crap on ebay and make lots of cash.

B) Don't pay through paypal using your bank account. Only pay with credit card, and if you can American Express.

thats what i was thinking that there could be a way to trick ebay and get 100% positive feed back.. but i was not sure because i never use ebay. thats easy to get so much good feedback and it does not tell you what they bought from the person does it? so they could of made a tone of fake accounts and then put all good feedback and spend like 30 cents doing so...

If feedback is private it's a red flag. Though there are ways around it, you should do a completed items search and see how that stuff is selling, and then contact the buyer. It's against the rules, but buyers don't usually report you contacting them, unless they super nerds with no life.

exactly... and i bet it will happen eventually. i think apple will find a way to stop it eventually just like if you where to do a software unlock

exactly... and i bet it will happen eventually. i think apple will find a way to stop it eventually just like if you where to do a software unlock

@Unleashed what i understand that you too are suggesting to play wait and watch game until it's well proven method?

@Unleashed what i understand that you too are suggesting to play wait and watch game until it's well proven method?

i think so, because what if you rush and pay and then get your iphone re locked down the line before you change device? its a risk that might not be worth taking

but on the other hand what if by then apple manage to stop it and you have to be quick to do it for a few firmwares?

I dont rely on unlock so i dont know how you feel sitting for some times months needing unlock, if i was in that situation i might think "i dont care" and try it any way..

how desperate are you to unlock?

i think so, because what if you rush and pay and then get your iphone re locked down the line before you change device? its a risk that might not be worth taking

but on the other hand what if by then apple manage to stop it and you have to be quick to do it for a few firmwares?

I dont rely on unlock so i dont know how you feel sitting for some times months needing unlock, if i was in that situation i might think "i dont care" and try it any way..

@unleashed if u ask any iPhone user having a locked phone he will always say that he is desperate to unlock :D I am no different! However since I bought this phone from US hardly a month back it's not fair for me being impulsive to unlock and take any foolish decision. I think I can afford to wait for some more days when people r waiting for unlock since 6 months now until something concrete and conclusive news on unlock comes up. What say?

@unleashed if u ask any iPhone user having a locked phone he will always say that he is desperate to unlock :D I am no different! However since I bought this phone from US hardly a month back it's not fair for me being impulsive to unlock and take any foolish decision. I think I can afford to wait for some more days when people r waiting for unlock since 6 months now until something concrete and conclusive news on unlock comes up. What say?

when i used to rely on unlock in 2007 when there where no factory unlocked devices i could not even bare to wait a week that it took for new unlock tool to be released lol..

but your right, holding off and waiting for results and see if it works and if apple will be able to stop it, because they will fight back and try stop it

hi i have iphone 4g 16gb 4.2.1 bb 3.10.01 from us how can i jailbreak or unlock it.give me solution.i m from india if factory unlock when can i do cheaper