What's new

[OutlookReview]Unique Black Aluminum case for iphone 4 black

casperfly

Reaction score
had another one silver color of type 01 Aluminum case ( bumper in the edge ), but overall I felt this black Aluminum case type 02 fits better with black iPhone 4. I personally think that silver color suits white iPhone 4 better.

This is outside package delivered as it is:
This seller has a reputation of fast shipping( the price is a little bit higher than that in his website):
eBay Feedback Profile for poncho_wang
01_package.jpg

The original package as below. I felt a good quality when I opened it. The seller said this Aluminum case was imported from Japan.
02_inside.jpg

It has four pieces: front frame, back frame, a plastic bag in which there are little tool and 6 bolts, and a small piece of paper describing the manual( Japanese language but it is easy to understand by the graphic). Sorry my iphone is kinda of dirty on the surface( if someone can recommend some cloth that can help to clean that would be nice )
03_open.jpg

Installation starts. I input the process in the texts of the graphic: one thing that needs to pay attention is that clean some dusts from inside so that you make sure it'll not reside inside after you installed.
05_install.jpg

Use the tool to install bolts from the back.
05_install.jpg

Final look as below. You may want to keep the little plastic with two back up bolts and the little tool just in case you want to open it and clean inside.
07_install.jpg

Overall, this case has a very high quality. Nice designed and unique - much better than what I had before. The case material looks elegant and not feel cheap at all. The weakness is that I don't know whether the bolt is tight enough so that it'll not loose when it falls on the ground( of course I don't want to drop it though). The seller said extra blot can be redelivered if I lost them.

For those friends that want to check:
Pocomaru

below is a graphic from his blog for iphone 4 White. I like black more.
photo.jpg

Have you experienced any reception issues with type 02? I have the type 01 currently and have noticed a decrease in signal by 1-2 bars.