What's new

Aluminum iPhone4 Case Selection Help

aaron_c

Reaction score
Hey guys, first thread here for me. Technology is a secondary hobby for me so I'm sure you will all know far more about my options, and hopefully you can give me some insight on choosing the perfect case after I tell you what I want/don't want/don't care about. I've owned the iFrogz case, but I lay my phone flat on the table a lot so the 'button' on the back made it useless for me. Right now I have the Speck case with the cloth backing. It's okay, but I want a different, specific look.

I'm looking for an aluminum case with sort of an industrial, weapons-grade, high tech theme in both feel and aesthetics. I do, of course, want great drop protection as well, with minimal detriment to signal strength. I prefer to have a decent lip over the front to protect the screen but I'll probably go with a crystal screen cover either way. What do you recommend?

Here are the main three I've found that I really love the looks of:
- Rokform Rokbed (gunmetal, black, or silver). Can a skin over the back of the phone fit beneath the "X" on the back of these?
- Tiget Design Blade (Titan/Red): Probably my favorite but again, will a skin on the back of the phone fit with this case?
- Arachnophobia Durabge (aluminum): Great looking case but I wasn't finding much info on it.

Is it a new case or something? Wondering why there are no youtube reviews on it or anything. It does have a very cool look, despite covering up the apple on the back etc.

I have tried the Blade and the Jett by Case-Mate and found both aluminum bumper cases to have a 1-2 bar signal drop for cell service. There was also some connection problems with the 3G network. Everything worked itself out after removing these cases.

Just my personal experience.

Yeah that's what I'm hearing about most aluminum cases, that they degrade the strength of everything that makes a cell phone a cell phone (except the Rokbed from what I hear). Does this Arachnophobia company have a website? I can't find one (unless Case2Case is the manufacturer? I was thinking they just sold them).

Yeah that's what I'm hearing about most aluminum cases, that they degrade the strength of everything that makes a cell phone a cell phone (except the Rokbed from what I hear). Does this Arachnophobia company have a website? I can't find one (unless Case2Case is the manufacturer? I was thinking they just sold them).

If you speak to a rep from Element who produces the Vapor 4 and Vapor Pro cases, he will say Case2Case sells cheap knock-offs of the real thing. Check out the Vapor thread, those who have the case rave about it and they rave about the knock-off too.

If you speak to a rep from Element who produces the Vapor 4 and Vapor Pro cases, he will say Case2Case sells cheap knock-offs of the real thing. Check out the Vapor thread, those who have the case rave about it and they rave about the knock-off too.

Case2Case sells cheap knock-offs of the Element Vapor 4? I don't think I could bring myself to ever buy ANYTHING from a company that knowingly sells fakes.

Maybe this warrants a new thread, but it's such a quick question that I figured I'd just ask here. With a crystal screen protector, will I have reduced clarity of the screen? And more importantly, will I be able to get it on with ZERO bubbles, and get it to stay that way? I'm a HUGE perfectionist to a damn-near OCD level with things like that, so I can't have one if it's going to have any sort of bubble or anything under the screen.