What's new

Outlook Sync Problems

Hi everyone. I too had problems syncing Outlook 2010 Calendar to the new iOS 5. I finally figured out about downloading the iCloud Control Panel for PC and it is syncing correctly now....however, I have noticed a few concerning glitches that were not present before when I was using the Outlook default calendar instead of the new iCloud calendar.

(1) The reminders are not transferring correctly. Some of my previous recurring alerts are still in tact but others are no longer working. To go along with this, each time I create a new event with a reminder in Outlook I receive this message, "The reminder for 'Event Subject' will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn't support reminders. Is this OK?" VERY frustrating since I rely heavily on my calendar and reminders. Any help out there on this?

(2) After the sync, most of my events were duplicated and I had to go through and delete the duplicates. One issue I have found is that all holidays into the future have been duplicated. I went forward about 9 months and deleted the doubles but it just keeps going and going. Any way to remove all holidays and put them back on so the only show up once? Or do I just have to delete them as the months pass?

(2) The other perplexing issue is the color coding of events. Before, I had many different colors assigned to different tasks. After the update, the colors have changed themselves around but the strangest part is that they continue to do so. For example, this morning one daily recurring reminder I have which I colored pink was light purple instead. I updated today's occurrence (I write "DONE" at the beginning of the subject name when things are completed) and once I saved that change the event and all it's recurring matches turned back to pink!! It happened with one that is supposed to be dark purple too, showed up light purple this morning then changed back to dark purple once I saved the change. It also happens when I create a new event. I made a new one in the color goldenrod but it shows up orange instead once I saved it. Then, upon editing, it will turn to goldenrod. What the heck is going on?!

Thanks for any help available!!

Katie