What's new

Outlook contacts not synching to iPhone 5S

audb

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5S with ios8 and use Windows 7 on my desktop at home. My Contacts are kept in Outlook on the desktop, where I have several Contacts folders. One folder is Contacts-Outlook, one is called
Active Contacts **Use this** (as I have named it), also Active contacts-Outlook, one is Contacts from iCloud, then there are the Inactive ones, BLISS Exceptions, etc. I had to create the "use this" folder because not all Active Contacts were syncing to the iPhone.

On my iPhone, I have these contacts Groups: All Contacts, Active Contacts **Use this**, BLISS Exceptions, and Search results. A few contacts appear in All Contacts, yet are not in any other contact group, so where did they come from?

When I check off All Contacts on the iPhone, my Inactive Contacts list appears and I don't want them to, which is why they are in Inactives. I see there is no Inactives group in Contacts on the iPhone, so why are they synching over?

A big problem is that I absolutely cannot get one contact to synch over to the iPhone, that is the car dealer where I just got my car from. It is in Outlook on my desktop under Active Contacts **Use this** and also in the Contacts-Outlook folder on the desktop, but it does not sync to my iPhone.

I have restarted my iPhone and these Contacts Groups do not change on there, I still have All Contacts, Active Contacts **Use this**, BLISS Exceptions, and Search results. One other thing: when I'm viewing my Contacts Groups on the iPhone, "iCloud" shows above the list of these four folders.

I am not a computer genius, so I need things explained to me on a non-genius level. Thank you for your help.

Audrey