What's new

Otterbox- Screen Bubbles

Ryan313

Reaction score
I did a search, and found it is a common problem; although, I was not able to find any solutions.

Ever since I got my Otterbox for Christmas, there have been bubbles between the screen and the screen protector part of the defender. I have tried to take it off, put it back on and clean it several times, but no luck. Has anybody found a solution for this?

so you have a screen protector on the screen and then have the OB screen protector as well? why dont you take the one on the otterbox off?

No, the plastic covering attached to the front part of the case is the only thing covering the screen. The bubbles are between the screen and that covering.

No good solution.
Some say to clean both the plastic screen protector and screen 100% free of any oils and it eliminates the bubbles. I've tried it a few times and at first no bubbles but they always reappear. You can also try a putting a puff of baby powder on the screen protector. Plenty of vids on the Tube. It works but can cause the screen to look cloudy.
I've noticed though that the bubbling is worse with the iphone5's case over my old iphone4's otterbox case.

I put an invisishield on mine because i dont keep it in an otterbox during the weekends i put it in a smaller case. so i took the screen protector out of my otterbox.