What's new

Otterbox Defender saved my iPhone 4 from a car!

Widescreen86

Reaction score
So last night I was driving to my friends house and I hopped out of the car. I totally forgot my phone was in my lap when I got out. 20 minutes go by when I realize my phone is missing. I freak out and remembered that my phone was on my lap before I got out of the car. I quickly went outside and saw my iPhone in the middle of the street thank god. So I walked over to it and noticed I had a car tire mark on the back of my Otterbox Defender case and the screen protector was peeling off. Surprisingly my iPhone was working as if nothing happened but my Otterbox case had done it's job and was bent a little and scuffed up. I later took my phone out of the case and looked at it from the side amd noticed it had a minor arch to it. No big deal to me though, because my iPhone still works flawlessly. So now the only iPhone 4 case I buy is the Otterbox Defender. Well worth the 50$ :)

Lol true. I'll have to dig up my digital cam. To take a pic of my phone, being that I primarily use my iPhone as a camera.

Hmmmm.... my Otterbox Defender "seems" mostly rubberized in the back with a "bit" of structure on the sides and corners, and ...back. Must have been a lightweight car or just lotsa luck!

My daughter is dating a cop and of course she knows lots of cops because of that....well one of the ones she knows is a motorcycle cop. He has an otterbox defender on his 3GS and he was going 70 miles an hour while riding it and his iPhone when flying and hit the ground at 70MPH!! He was pretty sure it was going to be history but went back and found it and the iPhone didn't have a scratch on it!! The otterbox defender is well worth the money.

I agree. I just got my Otterbox defender in the mail today. The case definitely does it's job

I hate the case because it's way too bulky and such, but I guess it protects well!

Those cases really works. My friend got his rained over by a forklift and still works like new

That fish you caught was how big??? An average forklift weighs upwards of 8000lbs. That's one hell of a case...

so last night i was driving to my friends house and i hopped out of the car. I totally forgot my phone was in my lap when i got out. 20 minutes go by when i realize my phone is missing. I freak out and remembered that my phone was on my lap before i got out of the car. I quickly went outside and saw my iphone in the middle of the street thank god. So i walked over to it and noticed i had a car tire mark on the back of my otterbox defender case and the screen protector was peeling off. Surprisingly my iphone was working as if nothing happened but my otterbox case had done it's job and was bent a little and scuffed up. I later took my phone out of the case and looked at it from the side amd noticed it had a minor arch to it. No big deal to me though, because my iphone still works flawlessly. So now the only iphone 4 case i buy is the otterbox defender. Well worth the 50$ :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301719279.983363.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301719306.450313.jpg

If you look carefully the back of the case has a tire mark on it.

The side view of the phone isn't really that great but it does have a slight arch to it. Believe it or not my Otterbox did it's job

Can just make out the tyre mark. The phone still looks as straight as an arrow to me. Well done otterbox...