What's new

Bumper + front and back screen protectors vs Full Case

Grimreaper

Reaction score
I want protection from small drops, and scratches, nothing major.

Would A bumper case that has a lay on the table design, so the phone isn't comming in contact with the surface, and a front and back screen protector, Be just as good as some of the thinner cases out there? I wouldn't be getting an otterbox defender or anything, But Would it be just as good as a thinner full case?

Grimreaper said:
I want protection from small drops, and scratches, nothing major.

Would A bumper case that has a lay on the table design, so the phone isn't comming in contact with the surface, and a front and back screen protector, Be just as good as some of the thinner cases out there? I wouldn't be getting an otterbox defender or anything, But Would it be just as good as a thinner full case?

The screen protectors would be good for scratch protection, and very minor drops.
So you should be fine, as long as you don't drop your phone often, or from high distances. :)

I think it depends on your lifestyle and how much care you normally use when handling it. I've had my iPhone since Feb. 2011 and have only ever used a bumper - no screen or back protection. I carry it on my belt in a leather holster when not at home. I don't want to cover up a perfectly beautiful design any more than absolutely necessary, so this is what I've chosen to do. The bumper provides the protection that you've already described, plus it gives a better grip, because I find a bare iPhone hard to hang on to. So far so good.

If you decide to get a bumper, make sure you get the screen protector as CASE FRIENDLY or you'll get some ugly action around the edges where the bumper touches the screen protector. Trust me, I've been a victim of this!

Thanks for the input guys, I think thats what I'm going to end up doing, I'm pretty careful with my devices, and If I did happen to drop it it wouldn't be a major drop.

Has Anyone tried those generic bumpers from amazon.com? they're only 1.35$ with free shipping, they actually seem to get decent reviews, some I heard of the buttons falling out but most reviews were pretty decent.. For 1.35$ it doesn't seem like a bad chance to take! :)
Though I did notice the headphone jack opening looked a little snug for my bigger headphones..