What's new

Otterbox Defender Warning

perezr10

Reaction score
Now that there is an updated Defender for the 5S the older case that came out for the 5 is starting to get discounted pretty good. I just picked one up at Best Buy for $29.88 before tax.

Here's the problem, it's a pain getting the control center to come up because of the raised plastic frame at the bottom of the screen. I can get it to come up by swiping up from the right or left of the home button but it's finicky. It works about 50% of the time on the first try. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries.

They got around this problem on the new case for the 5S by extending the glass screen further down past the home button.

Anyway, you've now been warned.

Has anyone noticed scratches on the defender screen protector? I was doing some reading to try to determine if the otterbox I got was genuine and a lot of sources said the screen protector should be scratch and smudge resistant. My old defender had many scratches on the screen protector which is why I replaced it.

Maybe the reviewers don't get their hands dirty enough to scratch it? Or they put some sort of lotion to keep them silky smooth? Because my hands are dry and seem to do a number on the screen protector.