What's new

Orange CEO Says the iPhone 5 Will be Smaller and Thinner

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Orange.JPG

We’ve already heard today about the possibility of the iPhone 5 having a curved screen, and now we have more information about Apple's next iPhone coming directly from the mouth of France Telecom/Orange CEO Stephane Richard in an interview with AllThingsD today, as reported by 9to5 Mac. According to the report, Richard revealed that Apple is developing a smaller SIM card to use in forthcoming iPhones, and that mobile carriers such as Orange are working closely with Apple on the project. Even more interestingly, Richard also let slip that Apple’s next iPhone will be “smaller and thinner,” which is why they are trying to develop smaller SIM cards that won’t take up too much space in the smaller phone. It's possible that Richard is referring to the rumoured iPhone Nano, 9to5 Mac points out, which was talked about in the Wall Street Journal earlier in the year, and which was said to be smaller, lighter, cheaper and with an edge-to-edge display.

Source: Orange CEO: Next iPhone is “smaller and thinner” | 9 to 5 Mac Orange CEO: Next iPhone is “smaller and thinner” | Apple Intelligence

smaller sim means we will for sure see better specs and even more of it.. but it would be a pain having to either cut your sim to size or get one from the carrier.. like an ultra mini sim lol

I'd be afraid to drop a smaller / thinner phone, to be honest. Having something to physically grip makes it more stable in your hand .

it wont be much smaller i dont think i mean how much smaller can you get before cutting the chip on the card?