iPhone 5 Launching October 15?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_wintek_assembly.JPG

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The CEO of France Telecom, the company that owns Orange, has today told the French press that he believes that Apple will be launching the iPhone 5 on October 15. According to a report on Tech Radar today, Stéphane Richard said that he had been told that October 15 was the date that everyone has anxiously been waiting to hear. Richard was speaking at a BFM Business conference, where aside from possibly spilling the beans about the launch date of the next iPhone, he also said that Orange will have “special tariffs” for the new iPhone. So is this date accurate? Well, as Tech Radar points out, October 15 is a somewhat unlikely date for an iPhone launch, as it happens to be a Saturday, and Apple usually likes to hold these major product launches midweek. But you never know, maybe they have decided to change this pattern with new CEO Tim Cook now at the helm. As ever, watch this space![/FONT]

Source: Orange boss: iPhone 5 release date is October 15 | News | TechRadar UK
via BGR

I wonder if enough business complained to Apple about how many of their employees take the day off to be in line for a new product.

Well we have been hearing early/mid Oct here stateside. If the French launch Oct 15, means we likely see it a week early or Oct 7 which would be within the rumoured time frame. Not that it matters - its been - what? 14 mos since i4? Thats several tech lifetimes.

Heck, they haven't even announced the date of the press event to reveal the looks of the
model.

This better be worth the wait. But since I'm still on a 3G model with my contract having expired in Aug, I can hang on for a couple of weeks.

Actually, it is Apple being stupid. They are suing a company they have been spending 6 plus billion dollars a year with for the last several years. Apples presentation at the court systems have been flawed, on purpose no less, to show similarities in two different products produced by each company when any child can see they are not the same.

Samsung is now in a position where they either have to fight back or lose marketing capabilities. Personally, I hope Samsung buries Apple with at least 10 plus billion dollars of lawsuits and stop Apple from abusing the patent systems of the world.

Im so tired of all the guessing, Apple just needs to start moving on this.

Maura said:
The CEO of France Telecom, the company that owns Orange, has today told the French press that he believes that Apple will be launching the iPhone 5 on October 15. According to a report on Tech Radar today, Stéphane Richard said that he had been told that October 15 was the date that everyone has anxiously been waiting to hear. Richard was speaking at a BFM Business conference, where aside from possibly spilling the beans about the launch date of the next iPhone, he also said that Orange will have “special tariffs” for the new iPhone. So is this date accurate? Well, as Tech Radar points out, October 15 is a somewhat unlikely date for an iPhone launch, as it happens to be a Saturday, and Apple usually likes to hold these major product launches midweek. But you never know, maybe they have decided to change this pattern with new CEO Tim Cook now at the helm. As ever, watch this space!

Source: Orange boss: iPhone 5 release date is October 15 | News | TechRadar UK
via BGR

Oh great on my birthday.

Stop making guesses everyone, there is NO date for the iPhone 5 release date yet, nobody's sure. Apple hasn't released a specific date yet so stop giving some random dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard that the launch date is now going to be october 5th, why postponed again?