What's new

Next iPhone Said to be 18% Thinner

Thomasjtsi said:
Hmmmmm... it's not a glass of water or something similar. What difference does it make having your iPhone in your pocket upside down? Mine is always in my pocket that way... so when I retrieve it... it's already positioned properly in my hand.

Good point, I do the same thing. Reach into the pocket, grab the phone, bring it up to your face and the phone is right side up - no chance of dropping it while adjusting your grip.

Hmmmmm... it's not a glass of water...

Lmao!!
Great stuff. XD
Anywho, I couldn't agree more...
My phone always gets stuck in my pocket upside down, so I can retrieve it and not fumble around with repositioning. As for the person talking about the otterbox clip issue, the holster spins 360 degrees, so you could always position it so it'll still sit in your pocket the right way.
Honestly, I don't see this redesign being an issue, but to each his own..
I also fail to see how a thinner phone isn't manly, but then again, I suppose I missed that meeting. ;) lol.

Well, if it's thin enough, it might shave your beard off while you're having a conversation, so that might be part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Well, if it's thin enough, it might shave your beard off while you're having a conversation, so that might be part of it.

Well, the Razr line of phones were quite popular :)

Last edited:
I was joking a little..
I meant manly, like big buttons for big hands... pretty much a 4 x 8 x 1.5 ! Ya know.. picture the FIRST celular's!!

Soxty7flh said:
I was joking a little..
I meant manly, like big buttons for big hands... pretty much a 4 x 8 x 1.5 ! Ya know.. picture the FIRST celular's!!

Have to admit, my 2c worth was a touch tongue-in-cheek. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Have to admit, my 2c worth was a touch tongue-in-cheek. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net
Mine was meant as a pun, but I'm so bad at using puns. You mentioned thin and beard so I couldn't resist mentioning Razr (razor).

Thomasjtsi said:
Hmmmmm... it's not a glass of water or something similar. What difference does it make having your iPhone in your pocket upside down? Mine is always in my pocket that way... so when I retrieve it... it's already positioned properly in my hand.

Agreed.

I definitely agree, I couldn't give a rat's furry arse about thinness, given that I plunked down $150 for one of the first Lunatik Taktik cases, and have been keeping my phone in either a Griffin Survivor or a Ballistic Hardcore until it ships out.

The reason they try to keep it slim is so that the device won't be so thick when a heavy duty case is applied. Just imagine a thick phone with a thick case.

The reason they try to keep it slim is so that the device won't be so thick when a heavy duty case is applied. Just imagine a thick phone with a thick case.
With that... we might as well go back to the good ole Bag Phones!! LMAO!!

I remember those, thought they were the coolest thing back then. Little did I realize where things were headed.

Thomasjtsi said:

Somewhere in my office Ive got one of those lol. Id prefer the saved by the bell brick phone though.