What's new

onld iphone update

jbenny2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got an old iphone 1 8GB, that i've had since day 1 when they first came out, been a great phone and i've updated it a few time since i jailbroke it so i'm upto versio 1.1.4(4A102), but it's really starting to show it's age as i can't use a lot of the newer interent feature like iplayer.

Can i still upgrade to a newer operating system on a jailborken phone? what is the highest version i can goto on my old phone without any problems? and can anyone recomend any good step by step guides to the upgrade process. I konw i'll have to back up all my media content, photo's, music, & video's but how do i back up my txt message history will it be backed up when i do the sync?

Thanks in advance

James

the iphone of 2007 belongs in the museum ! lol

but seriously there is no way to upgrade the firmware past 3.1.3 I believe the latest one for that device is so just restore in itunes, you cant get anything newer with or with out jailbreak and I am not sure why you would want to because it would lag very badly, even the 3G cant really handle the 4.XX firmware so your best option would be to buy a newer device or keep the iphone jailbroken and add tweaks like multi tasking that are available