What's new

How do I go about upgrading to an iphone 5, then selling it without opening the box

Kfarron1

Reaction score
This is for verizon...

I already used an upgrade on a different line on our plan of 4 lines a nd got a iPhone 5, well my actual line is up for an upgrade now and I've read stories somewhere where I can upgrade, not touch it for 24 hrs or something and then swap back to my old phone having a new phone in a box to sell..

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Keith

Perform a DFU restore to wipe the device. Then call *228 on the phone that you want to transfer your number to, enter your phone number and last 4 digits of your SSN or business ID and let it program itself. Reboot and you should be up and running

Or you can use my vzw to do it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

SO I do have to take it out of the box, register it for 24 hrs, and then restore it to like new?

Kinda confused.. new to this....

Oh, no. If it's still in the box, and it's not yet activated, simply change the phone using VZW or *228 on the phone you want to use your number on. Example is, you have an iPhone 4 that you want to use, and an iPhone 5 sealed. Call *228 or go to MyVZW and put the number onto your iPhone 4. The effect should be immediate, no 24 hour wait AFAIK. I've done this twice when my pops got his iPhone 5 and he wanted to use my 4S for a while.