What's new

Old iPhone

stbr1000

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an old iPhone 4s and 5 that I no longer use; are there any good ideas/uses out there for these phones as it seems a shame not to be putting them to some use.

Steve

Sell them, Some people can't afford new phones.

Old phones are great for spares/back ups and to use for music.

Last edited:
Just so you know this forum doesn't allow buying or selling of anything....Thanks.

Just so you know this forum doesn't allow buying or selling of anything....Thanks.
Thanks point taken however I'm more interested in trying to use the phones myself as some sort of gadget and not selling them on...

Thanks point taken however I'm more interested in trying to use the phones myself as some sort of gadget and not selling them on...

I use my old Samsung Galaxy Nexus as an alarm clock, you could use one of the iPhones for that... or as an iPod. At your next party you could use them with the Remote app from Apple to let your guests make music requests from your iTunes library. There are a number of other possibilities....

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I use my old Samsung Galaxy Nexus as an alarm clock, you could use one of the iPhones for that... or as an iPod. At your next party you could use them with the Remote app from Apple to let your guests make music requests from your iTunes library. There are a number of other possibilities....

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Thanks sounds interesting...

You can buy an A/V adapter and stream content to your tv via wifi. You can use messaging/VOIP apps with wifi. Games. Think about all the things you did with it via the apps while not using it as a phone!

Tracfone lets you use the 4 and the 4s in their plans now. We bought two Refurbished 4's ,wanted 4s's but they were twice the price. Will probably buy two 4s's when the price drops some.

I use my old iPhone as an ipod when I exercise. Much smaller than the phones these days so its easier to carry. I still have my pandora app so when I have wifi, I'm always using it.