What's new

Anyway to transfer all data to a new iPhone 4 from an old one?

Xihiroth

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting my iPhone 4 replaced because of some hot dead pixels. Mine are white dead ones, I know some people get black ones. Is there anyway that I can take all existing App data and transfer it to my new phone once I get it? Or is that was backing up your iPhone on iTunes does? Because I've put many hours into some games and it would be a shame to loose all of that data. Just for extra info, my iPhone IS Jailbroken. Any help will be much appreciated!

Xihiroth

Last edited:
Hey Xihiroth,

You should be able to do this I'm sure. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Before you hand your broken iphone back in, makes sure all of the apps are transferred to your itunes library. You can do this by right clicking on the iphone in itunes, and clicking Transfer Purchases.

Also right click again and click on Backup.

Another thing you want to do is make sure all of your contacts are backed up as well. You can easily do this by syncing to Windows Address Book if you are using Windows.

Once you have backed up all of these you should be able to plug your new iphone in and set it up.

I 'think' you can restore from the latest Backup that you took, which will put your settings and stuff back on the phone, and then Sync to put the contacts and apps back on as well.

I just read that your phone is JB'd... I recommend Pkg Backup in Cydia. It backs up all of your Cydia downloaded apps, either to a single Contact, or to Dropbox if you use it. So if you end up using this, run a Backup as well in Pkg Backup, and if you back up to a Contact, make sure you do it before the previous things I mentioned so that the backup / contact list is saved properly.

Good luck!

Another thing you want to do is make sure all of your contacts are backed up as well. You can easily do this by syncing to Windows Address Book if you are using Windows.

craigfoot, a new-boy question, please -- something I should know by now. I have a LARGE number of Contacts in my iPhone 4 (unbroken) and I regularly "back up" my iPhone in Itunes on my Windows PC. I use iTunes for NOTHING else.

My question, finally: if/when I get another iPhone, can I simply synch my Contacts lisitng to the new phone by "restoring from back-up" of the old phone, or not?
If not, what do you suggest/ Thanks much!

Beware: I may come back with a follow-up question!

You can use this software to transfer all files to new iphone4 or computer

12821172265879.jpg

Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits is an easy to use utility designed to help you back up all your files on your iPhone, so that you can recover any lost or missing SMS messages&contacts,games,songs, videos, books, photos and so on.[FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]
You can free tiral in HERE

Use guide:[FONT=&#23435]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]
Backup and recovery iphone SMS message and contact to computer[/FONT]

Very good to know about this. It will a lot of hassles when the 5 will be out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amellia, did you say "use iTunes??" I and many others have, and we lost contacts, photos, settings, etc. Synching in iTunes is not easy -- you have to have exact checkmarks in exact boxes checked, or you lose! And what does iTunes mean by "synching" anyway? Does that mean that your iPhone will mirror its contents into iTunes, or vice-versa?

You should be able to load the backup that apple saves which contains all the data for your iPhone onto the new one. Not quite sure how though. Go into the home screen for your iPhone on iTunes which shows all its details and check the stuff there