What's new

Old AT&T SIM card question

Mgerry22

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm selling my iphone 4 and looking for some help. The person interested in buying it is requesting I include the SIM card with it. Now I upgraded to the iPhone 5 so my old sim card is deactivated and still in my iphone 4, AT&T activated a new SIM card as the 5 is smaller.

Apparently the person who is interested in buying it wants to send it to another country and the old sim is needed to unlock and measure to cut a SIM card for the carrier they have and from what I see when I google unlocking in another country that seems legit.

As far as I know the old card is completely usely, but I want to ensure that there is nothing personal on it or connected to my account and it is harmless to have it in there when I sell it. I will be restoring the phone so I know there is no personal information on there I just want to ensure that as long as the old SIM card is deactivated it doesn't matter if its in there or not.

Once AT&T activated your new SIM card with the same account, the old sim card is useless. I had it done before. A sales rep at the att store told me the old sim would not be any good anymore.

Why would someone want a deactivated SIM card anyway... It's no good once it's deactivated

Via Tapatalk