What's new

Old guy checking in...

stevnim

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 on order. I've never had a smartphone, but have done programming, design & repair of computers since 1969 and pretty much seen and lived thru all the different brands & OS's out there. Hoping to learn tricks, what works and doesn't from this forum thru lurking and occasional posts. Thanks for being here. -stevnim

I have an iPhone 5 on order. I've never had a smartphone, but have done programming, design & repair of computers since 1969 and pretty much seen and lived thru all the different brands & OS's out there. Hoping to learn tricks, what works and doesn't from this forum thru lurking and occasional posts. Thanks for being here. -stevnim

Given your programming background you're going to like iOS, and these forums are awesome - best Apple community I've found.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Welcome, Stev.... Been with computers since 1969? I bought my first HP digital calculator in the early 70s (for megabucks) but didn't think there were mainstream computers back in the '69 days. Anyway, you'll like the iPhone -- it's solid. Good luck...