What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 5 Call Forwarding Active

burn2crash

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a crazy one for ya. I updated from 4.3.5 to 5.0 GM (preserving baseband) and everything was working fine, but then I started to get a popup "Call Forwarding Active" after trying to make calls.
I googled this problem and found some old forums that suggested installing ForwardMsgFix, and I tried that but the package failed. I then restored to 5.0 GM again but the issue kept happening. I was thinking of taking the iphone back to apple for replacement, but decided to first restore back to 4.3.5, and I found that I the phone worked great under 4.3.5. So the issue was not with the phone but with iOS 5. I thought maybe my custom ipsw I built was bad, so I downloaded two different 5.0 GM ipsw custom builds (one jailbroken/hacktivated, and another not jailbroken, and not hacktivated). I installed both and the "Call Forwarding Active" happened again. I thought that maybe some settings got corrupted and it was being pulled from iCloud or itunes backup each time I restored the iphone thru itunes, so I restored the iphone once more but now as a brand new one... and the "Call Forwarding Active" kept showing up
My carrier "telcel" (mexico), and I thought maybe the settings for my carrier are for some reason screwed up under iOS 5, so I am planning on testing with another carrier to see if the issue is exclusive to "telcel ("pending to test with at&t -until I activate my micro sim-, and also with unefon -another mexican carrier)

I pretty much ran out of ideas on how to fix this issue. I am wary of taking it to apple because of their new $49-per-repair policy (and because they would immediately find out that I am under custom ipsw because of the old baseband, and I dont want them to update it to 5.0 or I would then be out of luck with my gevey). So I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion for fixing this problem (much appreciated)

Same problem here.
I have an iPhone 3GS, ios5, hacktivated, jailbroken, unlocked and this is the only way it works for me, because its a used Japanese product (bought there), which I currently use in Europe, so i need the hacktivation, Jailbreak and carrier ulock. There was no problem with it, but suddenly after a few weeks, this popup started to show up :(

I googled around, and learned, that once upon a time, the patching of the "carrier.plst" was an option, but lateley, Apple signes these files, so this doesn't work anyomre, makes the network settings unaccessable when forced...

Any ideas guys? Any instructions for ios5?

Have you found a solution? I am having the same issue, perserved baseband 4.10.01, upgraded from 4.3.3 to IOS 5 on iPhone 4. I'm not have much success in finding a workable solution. I was going to try to downgrade, but then read your post. I'm currently working in Brasil with Vivo as my carrier, but everything was working fine with the older OS version.

Have you found a solution? I am having the same issue, perserved baseband 4.10.01, upgraded from 4.3.3 to IOS 5 on iPhone 4. I'm not have much success in finding a workable solution. I was going to try to downgrade, but then read your post. I'm currently working in Brasil with Vivo as my carrier, but everything was working fine with the older OS version.

hey, no I haven't found a solution yet; actually, I haven't tried upgrading back to iOS 5; I'm waiting until I get a new sim from another local carrier (before I give iOS 5 another shot) to see if the issue is incorrect configuration with my previous carrier. I will let you know next week (if I don't post anything, please go ahead and remind me)

i have the same problem, did anyone found a solution????

still no luck here

i all ready checked the bundles lists of "TELCEL" and of the "unknown bundle", and both say false on the "show forward call message" so i don't understand the reason for it to show. if you guys know something related to this o do i have to look on other part of the bundle list. i will appreciate the help. tnx!!

i all ready checked the bundles lists of "TELCEL" and of the "unknown bundle", and both say false on the "show forward call message" so i don't understand the reason for it to show. if you guys know something related to this o do i have to look on other part of the bundle list. i will appreciate the help. tnx!!

I did see that as well; the forward call message no longer shows up under 5.0.1, but I'm still getting "call failed" on every call attempt. For now I'll wait for 5.1

Hey guys. I was searching all day trying to find a solution for this problem. Just updated from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.9 and preserved baseband with an unlock using Gevey Ultra. Everything was working fine but every time I made a call that annoying message would come up. I tried ##002# that didn't work, I tried iblacklist apparently there was a setting in there that would help but I couldn't find such a setting, and third I got IFile to try and alter some of the.plist files. The tutorial for that was weird and the guys English wasn't good so I wasn't able to try that. I pretty much gave up after all that because nothing seemed to work. I made a call and another one and another one and the message was gone. ...?? The only things I did in between getting the message and not getting it was download and install iblacklist im pretty sure just installing that didn't do it, but maybe something to do with installing iFile? I have no idea it's really weird and maybe a coincidence but its worth a try if it's that simple...

Hey guys. I was searching all day trying to find a solution for this problem. Just updated from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.9 and preserved baseband with an unlock using Gevey Ultra. Everything was working fine but every time I made a call that annoying message would come up. I tried ##002# that didn't work, I tried iblacklist apparently there was a setting in there that would help but I couldn't find such a setting, and third I got IFile to try and alter some of the.plist files. The tutorial for that was weird and the guys English wasn't good so I wasn't able to try that. I pretty much gave up after all that because nothing seemed to work. I made a call and another one and another one and the message was gone. ...?? The only things I did in between getting the message and not getting it was download and install iblacklist im pretty sure just installing that didn't do it, but maybe something to do with installing iFile? I have no idea it's really weird and maybe a coincidence but its worth a try if it's that simple...

It actually looks like installing just iBlacklist solved the problem...I removed it thinking it wasn't the fix and the Call Forwarding Message came back. Reinstalled and rebooted and the message was gone again. I hope this works for you guys!

Last edited:
hey guys great news I updated my iphone 4 from 4.3.5 to 5.1 and the call failed issue no longer happens! its been 5 days and my phone is still working flawlessly, they must of fix something in this latest release. hope this also works for all of you