What's new

33, teacher, white, blonde, male

mikectm2

Reaction score
HI Glad to have found the iPhone Forums ! i currently have a Motorola W490 with a $40 Simple Mobile plan. I was looking at Craigslist and i see there are Unlocked T-Mobile/GSM 3G 16GB iPhones for like $200.

i'm really not that much of a 'techy' and have been just fine on my lil' old motorola old-skool flip-phone. But lately i've been going to San Diego ( i live in the greater LA area ) and they have such excellent radio stations! I mean inparticular, 102.1 FM, KPRI.

Well a couple of days ago i thought i wish i could do something to be able to listen to this station in the car, a 2008 Nissan Altima - with a "AUX IN" jack right on the face of the stereo/radio. Then i thought i'm gonna need a smartphone with Internet in order to get this station in the car, in the LA Area. like mentioned already, my Service Provider is Simple Mobile. i go to SIMPLE Mobile | Unlimited Cell Phone Plans and i see that they have special plans for BBs (Blackberries ). So i started looking at those. But then just today i found out that i can actually have an iPhone with Simple Mobile !

Then when i found out that i can get a unlocked, jailbroke (whatever that means ) iPhone 3G off of craigslist for $200, i was majorly happy. What i want to ask you guys/the Forum here is, a iPhone 3G will be fine right? I don't need 4G right? Is 4G even a possibility with Simple Mobile and a iPhone ?

Check Out this page - Listen Live to KPRI!

i can listen to the Station's music right here on this MacBook (WIFI ing in a Starbucks ) by going to that page ! Can i do this also with an iPhone ? Or, do i have to get a Radio Station APP, like iheartradio ? FYI, 102.1 FM KPRI San Diego, doesn't appear to be available through iheartradio Does this station have to be available on one of the various Radio APPS ?