What's new

Can't receive MMS

punju

Reaction score
I have a Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 running 4.0.2. I am on the T-Mobile USA Network with the Smartphone Data Plan. I also have an authentic T-Mobile USA Micro-SIM Card.

Out of the box, I connected to iTunes, restored my phone (from my previous unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G running 3.1.2), and was up and running. Phone calls, SMS, MMS, Internet...all working. However, FaceTime was NOT working.

Oddly enough, after many attempts at scouring the internet and trying 'simple fixes'...yesterday, the FaceTime came online and I can WiFi FaceTime with AT&T customers.

However...MY MAIN PROBLEM...my phone now no longer RECEIVES MMS. I can send them out. I can send and receive to myself. But from other T-Mobile customers, as well as AT&T customers, I cannot receive MMS.

Please help!

My current Network Settings:
(3G is OFF)

Cellular Data:
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>

MMS:
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
MMSC: http*//mms*msg*eng*t-mobile*com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMA UA Prof URL: http*//www*apple*com/mms/uaprof*rdf

[* = '.' -- couldn't post links, not trying to upset the Moderators; was just trying to give all the info I could to get the right answers...Thanks!]

(Data Roaming is OFF)

i had to send a text somewhere for my carrier to make my iphone 4 be able to receive mms and they replied with a pic saying activated

what does that mean? where did you send your text to? could you please be a little more specific?

Thank you.

sorry, the reason why i did not mention where to send the text is because its a uk carrier but i imagine it would work the same for you is the reason why you did not receive it? maybe check on their website how to enable it. but since they are not an official carrier of the iphone 4 is it even possible? in my country i could not get mms enabled either they did not support it not like a supported carrier that automatically updates settings.

i should be more clear that in the uk on holiday and the settings have gone on fine and they sent me a text saying send one here to enable mms to receive it.. but at home where i am on a non official carrier i could not get the mms settings to work ever so that could be why. check with t mobile