What's new

Old email address

rws

Reaction score
Our ISP changed a year ago and we had to chnge our emailaddresses. For several months we had mail accounts set up for both addresses. Ihave now deleted the old address account but when I initiate a new email andput in my name I am presented with both the old address and the new one. I evenwent into my contacts and deleted myself as a contact. Where is my phonepulling this old email address from if not from my contact list or the deletedaccount?
Thanks, Russ

Our ISP changed a year ago and we had to chnge our emailaddresses. For several months we had mail accounts set up for both addresses. Ihave now deleted the old address account but when I initiate a new email andput in my name I am presented with both the old address and the new one. I evenwent into my contacts and deleted myself as a contact. Where is my phonepulling this old email address from if not from my contact list or the deletedaccount?
Thanks, Russ

Go into your Settings app and tap on "Mail, Contacts ,Calendars." Under the "Mail" category, at the very bottom of it, there should be a line titled "Default Account." Make sure that old account e-mail is not listed. Or, put in a new default account so that, maybe, it'll override the old account.

Hope this helps because I've no other ideas. :) Regardless - good luck.

Marilyn

Thanks for the reply but I found no "Default Account" listed under Mail.

Marilyn, I owe you an apology. There was no "Default Account" because I only had the one account active. The fact remains that even with as the default, when I initiate a new email the deault addr will be I cannot figure out where that is coming from.
Thanks for trying.
Russ

Sorry i had to delete your email addresses as its against forum rules to add them to posts.

When you say your are "putting in your name" - do you mean you are entering it into the "To:" field in your Mail app?

If you are, when that old address comes up, does it have an"i" in a blue circle? If yes, tap on the "i" and you'll get a pop-up. Somewhere in that pop-up is a red line titled "Remove From Recents." Tap that and now you should no longer see it.

Marilyn

I have deleted anything that looks like the old account! No Recents, deleted all Trash and deleted the account from my desktop email. The thing that looks suspicious to me is that when trying to send a new note to myself the old addr says "Home" and the new addr says "Work". Since I synce with Outlook I thought that might be the problem so I deleted myself from Outlook contacts, resynced and it's still there. I have re-booted and no change. Somewhere buried deep in the bowels of this phone is this addr!

This has been discussed before here a while back and there is no answer. It is stored info that your phone won't delete. Apparently Apple hasn't put it high on there list to fix!