What's new

ok jailbroken now what? lol

TimFloyd

Reaction score
so really didn't want to be one of these guys posting asking daft questions but low and behold I am!

Ok so jailbroke my iphone4 on ios 5 tethered with redsn0w boom! done! amazed at how easy it was after the countless threads on here. anyways I keep getting cannot locate package and to install more sources??

I kinda got the sources bit but could do with more info but when trying to install semitether I get Note: the requested modifications cannot be apllied due to the required dependancies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed???

Can anyone shed some light on this?

so really didn't want to be one of these guys posting asking daft questions but low and behold I am!

Ok so jailbroke my iphone4 on ios 5 tethered with redsn0w boom! done! amazed at how easy it was after the countless threads on here. anyways I keep getting cannot locate package and to install more sources??

I kinda got the sources bit but could do with more info but when trying to install semitether I get Note: the requested modifications cannot be apllied due to the required dependancies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed???

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Does your phone not work now? This is why I'll never jail break!

iHolophyte

When you get a dependency error just read what the dependency is and install that first.

ok thanks, after playing about with it im starting to get my head round things although when updating sources it just seems to get stuck at that screen and some update some dont?

and to the other person that posted my phone is working fine thank you it just problems inside the cydia app im having trouble with.

ok thanks, after playing about with it im starting to get my head round things although when updating sources it just seems to get stuck at that screen and some update some dont?

and to the other person that posted my phone is working fine thank you it just problems inside the cydia app im having trouble with.

Well my head doesn't get around the jail break. If I had the courage I would jail break but to me it always seems like running in the wind! Glad your phones kinda sorted though.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
Well my head doesn't get around the jail break. If I had the courage I would jail break but to me it always seems like running in the wind! Glad your phones kinda sorted though.

iHolophyte

Its easy to jailbreak now compared to the probs i had a while back trying to unzip files with windows Way easier with the new update Easily reversible if not happy No harm done☺

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Its easy to jailbreak now compared to the probs i had a while back trying to unzip files with windows Way easier with the new update Easily reversible if not happy No harm done☺

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I know that but as the comments above regarding sourcing issues and update issues, files etc. it's all mumbo jumbo to me if that happens. Hence why I leave it as it is.

iHolophyte

There is nothing wrong with leaving it as is. Since I jailbroke mine Ive been able to add little things that make the phone easier to use. Thats all my opinion. Before I add any tweaks or anything I look them up and see whats what with them before I put them on. The only time I usually add any tweaks is when Phil posts a video on the home page and its something that I like. I havent had any issues with my phone since I jailbroke it. The only thing I had was I didnt know if I was able to move music back and forth with iTunes because I thought it would mess with the break.