What's new

Official Successful "evasi0n" iOS 6.0-6.1 Jailbreak Thread

Successful JB...Sprint iPhone 4S, 16GB, 6.0.1 restore to 6.1, then Jailbroke...Thanks EVADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big Thanks to willerz2 a great help and the best ! thanks to him manage to jailbreak my iphone by using evaSion.... thumps up to willerz2 !

All good except lockinfo 5 sucks.... I eas using li4 ob ios5. Now testing intelliscreen x 6 but not great either. Whats a good replacement?

Updated to 6.1 this evening and the evasi0n JB went through flawlessly. Now I just need to listen to my own advice.... and be patient w/ Cydia. LOL!!

Updated to 6.1 this evening and the evasi0n JB went through flawlessly. Now I just need to listen to my own advice.... and be patient w/ Cydia. LOL!!

I did the same on my iPad. patience is key :)

I'm new at this (and here) but it seems my JB was successful on my Verizon iPhone 4s. However, when I try to open Cydia, it just says "Preparing Filesystem" and then goes away. I then restored the phone and did it again. Now when I attempt to open Cydia, it just pops up, then it disappears. It still looks like the app is running (when I press the home butting twice) but when I try to open it, again it just pops up then seems to close - but again, the app still appears to be running upon double tap.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I also just did a hard reset with no change in Cydia.

Last edited:
I'm new at this (and here) but it seems my JB was successful on my Verizon iPhone 4s. However, when I try to open Cydia, it just says "Preparing Filesystem" and then goes away. I then restored the phone and did it again. Now when I attempt to open Cydia, it just pops up, then it disappears. It still looks like the app is running (when I press the home butting twice) but when I try to open it, again it just pops up then seems to close - but again, the app still appears to be running upon double tap.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I also just did a hard reset with no change in Cydia.

"Preparing Filesystem" is what you're supposed to see the first time you open cydia after jailbreaking.

If cydia does not open up properly, I would recommend wiping everything off and do it all over again.

Hmm, "Preparing Filesystem" is what it said when I was trying it over and over again before I did it the last time.

I will try doing a restore before I did the update to 6.1. I will then redo the 6.1 update followed by the JB again. Is this what you suggest?

Thanks!

"Preparing Filesystem" is what you're supposed to see the first time you open cydia after jailbreaking.

If cydia does not open up properly, I would recommend wiping everything off and do it all over again.

On the note of the wiping part, we have to be very specific when it comes to jailbreaking. If you're planning on wiping a device that has any affiliation with jailbreaking and its processes, perform a DFU restore to minimize or neutralize any risk at all when it comes to problems arousing. Better to be safe than sorry.

Done restoring my iOS5.1.1 4S to 6.1 yesterday and directly using evasion to jailbreak it.
So far so good, jailbreaking went smoothly, and I installed some of the few basic Cydia tweaks that I can't live without it (activator, SBS settings, and winterboard).
Installation of Gridlock caused the springboard crashes and go to safe mode though, so I decided to uninstall it.
Then, I go to sleep.
Wake up found my 4S has running out of battery, I plug it the charger, after a few while and it got enough power the apple boot up logo come in, so I think it's OK.
But then, and it stuck on boot apple logo for 30 minutes. I did read a tweet from pod2g regarding this issue, so I'm performing a hard reset on my 4S, and it can back to life.
Waiting the update from the evad3rs to fix this issue :)

Attachments

• $IMG_1046.jpg
    $IMG_1046.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
On the note of the wiping part, we have to be very specific when it comes to jailbreaking. If you're planning on wiping a device that has any affiliation with jailbreaking and its processes, perform a DFU restore to minimize or neutralize any risk at all when it comes to problems arousing. Better to be safe than sorry.

Brilliant!! This worked perfectly! Thank you (both) so very much. Now I need to learn how to use it and make my phone work harder for me.

Finally got the majority of my tweaks/packages downloaded from Cydia. The only two important ones that I'm stuck w/ constant errors on are Springtomize 2 and SBSettings. Pretty much everything else I use went though after a couple attmepts. I'll give 'em a whirl again tomorrow. :)

SBSettings? Really? Just installed it on my dad's iPhone 5. I had trouble with Winterboard. Took about 10 minutes to get it downloaded

SBSettings? Really? Just installed it on my dad's iPhone 5. I had trouble with Winterboard. Took about 10 minutes to get it downloaded
Oddly enough, Winterboard only took two or three attempts for me. I tried SBSettings probably a dozen times throughout the evening... only to get pretty much every red error Cydia could throw at me. LOL!!

After many soft and hard reboots still unable to get weather app working. Keeps crashing. IP5 16gb 6.1. Restore and re-break?