What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

All went very well for me. I have an iPhone 5. Started OTA download at 1pm New York time. Took 1hr 15 min to download and another 15 min for it to install. So far no hiccups, no glitches with ios7. All apps working great! ios7 is fantastic! Couldn't be any happier with it. Like getting a new iPhone.

If you turn on the location for the notifications it will show in the notification center.

Dled and installed in less than 10 mins

Not sure how i feel about this. Would prefer a jbed ios6

anyone know how to get the weather in notifications? i dont see it

Via iPhone 5 tapatalk

Just to let everyone know, there's been a compilation of iOS 7 Q&A in the initial post. There will be more added towards it as questions either come up or if I can think of anymore with my currently fried brain

Meh, much better in many ways than Prev IOS... But couldn't agree more about how ugly or unrefined the icons and bottom tray look... Why no transparent feature that would hide the bottom tray altogether leaving only icons?!?! 

Yes, I have. And, I can tell you from my point of view, it is great! I think Pandora has a problem coming. Even the ads are not obtrusive, nor with frequency enough to be annoying. (At least to me). In fact, I am going to remove some of the music on my phone to give me more space. On my iPhone 4S, it is very smooth, no glitches, and works as advertised. This is in reply to "has anyone tried iRadio in the US"

Sorry, I have to say it... In my opinion, I think the stock apps are horrid, and the humungous icons and gray bottom tray are pathetic looking. Totally ruined the iPhone look for me. No longer is the iPhone a classy work of art, it's now a cheap looking OS designed by grade school kids with crayons.

I'm sorry, but, I don't see gray in my bottom tray! I have a blue wallpaper and my bottom tray is blue. In fact, my control panel is also blue, as a result of the translucent effect. Perhaps, experimenting with wallpapers would give you a better "ride".

I'm sorry, but, I don't see gray in my bottom tray! I have a blue wallpaper and my bottom tray is blue. In fact, my control panel is also blue, as a result of the translucent effect. Perhaps, experimenting with wallpapers would give you a better "ride".

That's what I had to do. My picture of the Lake had it a tan or brown beige color. I changed my background and now it's a silver blue.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

anyone know how to get the weather in notifications? i dont see it

Via iPhone 5 tapatalk

I'm on the iPhone 5 and I have weather in notifications in iOS 7, but I would like to know how to remove it.

The only thing I don't like is that Safari no longer shows the complete URL in the URL field.. you have to tap the field to see it. Other than that, I'm loving this update.

Last edited:

Yup...still classy IMO I love it

6a2u2e3a.jpg
ete5y4aq.jpg

As usual, I come here when there is a new Phone/iOS release and manage to learn more in in 10 min here than anywhere else. Glad I have the day off tomorrow to work thru the night and day familiarizing myself. I'll just pitch a tent here lol

just to let everyone know, there's been a compilation of ios 7 q&a in the initial post. There will be more added towards it as questions either come up or if i can think of anymore with my currently fried brain
thank you!

The ios 7 download and upgrade went very well. Didn't have a single problem downloading it. I didn't lose any photos, music, contacts, apps etc. I did notice minor lag when transitioning from portrait to landscape mode during the first few hours of using the new os. This worked itself out as the day went on though. I am no longer lagging. I had some trouble updating my iPad 3. For some reason it would not update. Eventually it did after about the 5th try. Not sure what that was about. I love the update. It gives a fresh new feel to the device. It's almost like a brand new phone. Has anybody had any trouble with downloading?