What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

anyone else not able to activate? i'm thinking it's just cus of an overload on the servers

anyone else not able to activate? i'm thinking it's just cus of an overload on the servers

yes, via itunes and over the air - for over an hour... I ended up going into DFU mode and restoring back as my phone was rendered useless obviously

edit: though, of course the same problem still exists... unfortunately I don't have a hard backup here at my office, so I'm SOL until either their servers catch up or I can get home and pull an older iTunes backup...

Last edited:
Well downloaded and first impressions is it's not that good, a lot of things like the swipe up to shutdown apps and the floating back ground have been out for ages, had these on my 4, and the settings page with the boring grey and white background, would be so better if there was a custom colour option, and the grey bar on the home screen, wot is this!!!!!!? Looks horrible

Finally got it up and running.. It is an improvement for sure, but like others I am missing my jailbreak. I forgot how limited we are with icon placement in the stock OS. Over all though, it is an improvement.

For those stuck at activating.. Reboot your phone. I did, and upon coming back up it worked first time.

Folks, please remember that the Apple servers are getting slammed with millions of folks trying to get their hands on iOS 7. Be patient and it will all work out.

The added little extras like swipe up for shortcuts, and the camera add ons are good, the fancy zoom in and zoom out when closing and app are ok, but really this is all apple could come up with, very disappointing

Is there a way to download ios 7 on a jailbroken iPhone 5 (evasi0n)
I read I would have to plug it in to comp to restore.
But at the moment my computer is out of commission and was hoping I could do this without one.

Thanks in advance

Dled and installed in less than 10 mins

Not sure how i feel about this. Would prefer a jbed ios6

anyone know how to get the weather in notifications? i dont see it

Via iPhone 5 tapatalk

Last edited:
anyone know how to get the weather in notifications? i dont see it
I didn't even know that was missing. I can't find any way to turn it on. The only thing I can figure doing is putting Weather Channel alerts in notifications, but just alerts.

I opened up the weather app for the first time. There are thunderstorms in my area. That is some seriously cool looking graphic!

I cant figure out how to get my weather in my lock screen notifications either. Is it because iam on a 4?