What's new

Official "evasi0n" iOS 6.0 - 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak Thread

App updates and OTA updates are completely different things. OTA is for the iOS, app updates are from the AppStore and whenever the developers update them

Thomasjtsi said:
UPDATE:

evasi0n v.1.2 was released yesterday

So do we need to update our jailbreak? And if so how?

Update: just googled it and we get the update through cydia and the changes tab.

Last edited:
So do we need to update our jailbreak? And if so how?

Update: just googled it and we get the update through cydia and the changes tab.

yep ^^ I have updated a few times already but its very easy an you dont have to go through the jailbreak process again..

ok ive jailbroke my phone but what i would like to know how do i install apps ive got from the newsgroups ? i tried installing through itunes but at the end i got failed

Last edited:
ok ive jailbroke my phone but what i would like to know how do i install apps ive got from the newsgroups ? i tried installing through itunes but at the end i got failed
You can only install an app from Apple or a tweak from Cydia. Newsgroup apps are mostly pirated apps and no one here will help you with that since its against forum rules to promote piracy of apps

Anyone heard anything about a 6.1.1 update?

It's still in beta, currently it is still jailbreakable, but I would guess that the evasi0n exploit will be patched by the official release.

*UPDATE*

It appears that the 6.1.1 update for the iPhone4S(only) has been pushed out today and the evasi0n exploit still exists. It is unclear at this time if the exploit will exist in 6.1.1 for other devices.

Last edited:
6.1.1 is another 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1. It's just a hotfix to the Japanese region of maps and European carrier problems. Still exploitable.

Last edited:
6.1.1 is only for iPhone 4S and they fixed the 3G problem. The 6.1.1 that has Japanese region of maps fixes will probably change name, maybe 6.1.2

*EDIT
evasi0n jailbreak updated, supports iOS 6.1.1 of iPhone 4S. http://evasi0n.com

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lol of course after I get my phone half way the way I like it. I'm deployed right now but 6 days ill be back in the states. Anybody in here had problems with 3G and the 4s.

3G's been spotty for me on the 4S after I updated my carrier preference changes.

The update boosted my signal by 2 bars. Yesterday at work in the same spot i had 3 with 6.1. Today i have 5 with 6.1.1.

Is there a way to update to 6.1.1 without. Redoing the entire phone? I'm noticing quick drain from 100% to 90% quicker then with 5.1.1 .. I read somewhere 6.1.1 may fix this battery drain issue