What's new

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

Do I miss a step in using redsn0w to unlock my phone?
1. Create custom ipsw by clicking extras and custom ipsw to point to the stock 5.0.1 ipsw. As a result a file NO_BB.......ipsw created
2. As suggested at the end of step 1, click the pwned DFU and follow the instruction on the screen
3. Use itunes to shift restore NO_BB....ipsw file created from step 1
4. Use Gevey Ultra sim card along with the t-mob sim card to test the unlocked phone

Please advise. Thanks.

In cydia, I did a search for FuriousMod.deb but I can not find anything by that name. Is it possible the name has changed?

I followed the instructions from applenberry.com on how to add furiousmod source, I kept getting some bad url lines in red and Failed to fetch http://cydia. furiousmod.com/Release.gpg bad url errors.
Any ideas? Tried to delete and reinstall couple times but kept getting the same errors.

I am have been following this thread in high hopes that borneoman gets his 3gs unlocked.
Curios read on ApplenBerry FAQ Regarding Gevey Ultra and 3gs.

"Does the GEVEY Ultra work for iPhone 3G or 3GS?
No, the GEVEY Ultra is designed to unlock the iPhone 4 only. Both the iPhone 3G and 3GS
can be software unlocked, therefore the Gevey Ultra is not needed."

Has this someone unlocked the 3gs with a gevey sim card?

Has this someone unlocked the 3gs with a gevey sim card?

No, just like it says, it's only for iPhone4. If you have a baseband that is not unlockable on a 3Gs, you're only option is to install the iPad baseband in order to unlock.

I am have been following this thread in high hopes that borneoman gets his 3gs unlocked.

He has an iPhone4, otherwise he wouldn't be able to unlock with Gevey.

Last edited:
Jmills87,

I decided to redo the whole process all over again from scratch.
What is the best and cleanest way to restore my phone to factory settings while preserving my valuable baseband?
Remember, I have ATT IPhone 4 ios 5.0.1 (originally 4.3.5) bb 04.10.01. I downloaded apple stock firmwares 4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0, and 5.0.1.
I've been using the latest tinyumbrella, redsn0w, and itunes to help me accomplish my goal which to use the ATT IPhone 4 with my t-mob sim card.
Thank you.

Jmills87,

I decided to redo the whole process all over again from scratch.
What is the best and cleanest way to restore my phone to factory settings while preserving my valuable baseband?
Remember, I have ATT IPhone 4 ios 5.0.1 (originally 4.3.5) bb 04.10.01. I downloaded apple stock firmwares 4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0, and 5.0.1.
I've been using the latest tinyumbrella, redsn0w, and itunes to help me accomplish my goal which to use the ATT IPhone 4 with my t-mob sim card.
Thank you.

Using Redsn0w to create a custom firmware is the best way, but you've already done that and you're already on 5.0.1 so I'm not sure why you want to restore again. All you need to do now is install FuriousMod, if their official repo isn't working look for a different repo or download and install the deb file manually

Oops! Sorry. Got confused with the many posts I was reading about updating and 3gs and didn't realize this was not a 3gs.

Using Redsn0w to create a custom firmware is the best way, but you've already done that and you're already on 5.0.1 so I'm not sure why you want to restore again. All you need to do now is install FuriousMod, if their official repo isn't working look for a different repo or download and install the deb file manually
I've been attempting installing that pkg a million times since yesterday with no success. I ran out of ideas of what else to do so I thought I would have missed some steps during the jailbreaking and unlocking process.
Right now I am trying to install Furioumod.deb manually by using DiskAid. I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks.

The errors I got while installing furiousmod (both manually and auto) is quite random.
The errors are:
Failed to fetch - htttp://cydia.furiousmod.com/Release.gpg Bad URL
subprocess post-instllation script returned error exit status 1
Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

How do I fix this Half-installed Package?

Last edited:
Jmills87,

I downloaded the Fmod.deb file by following your posting on another blogger site and installed it with ifile with no error. Inserted the gevey ultra card and kept saying searching for two hours with no success. Finally,as last resort I tried to do the other method by dialing 112 and such, after a couple minutes the word t-mobile showed up at the top left corner. Finally I am so happy and told my wife that she can start using the iphone to work.
I know i should not have to dial 112 with gevey ultra sim, but it works that way. Is that mean I did not install furiousmod successfully? Thank you for your help.

i have updated my iphone 4 to 5.0.1
my brother recently bought an ipod4g with 4.3.5 on it
do i have to download another firmware or i can use the same one as my iphone 4?
cause the 3gs and cdma are different from iphone 4 so i though there might be another ipsw for ipod touch too

Jmills87,

I downloaded the Fmod.deb file by following your posting on another blogger site and installed it with ifile with no error. Inserted the gevey ultra card and kept saying searching for two hours with no success. Finally,as last resort I tried to do the other method by dialing 112 and such, after a couple minutes the word t-mobile showed up at the top left corner. Finally I am so happy and told my wife that she can start using the iphone to work.
I know i should not have to dial 112 with gevey ultra sim, but it works that way. Is that mean I did not install furiousmod successfully? Thank you for your help.

There's no need to use that 3rd party package anymore. FuriousMod updated their official package to 2.0 which now supports 5.0.1, you should just use the official FuriousMod package now! :)